Animal Abuse

Smart

So there's this other thread, pretty certain the abuse is clear cut there but, what about 'good natured' abuse? I've put scotch tape on cat's feet and put the sleigh bells around my dog's neck (she HATED that shit, ran from herself)... so where does it cross the line, obviously killing them is out of the question and errbody frowns on 'testing' but where does it actually become REAL abuse? So many people are arrested around here for these puppy mill situations or cat hoarding, easy to judge when the news tells you they're wrong but?

Is there such thing as 'joking' with your dog? I say 'dog' because I don't think cats care and I don't think most other animals 'get' humor...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's a fine line between abuse and obedience with some dogs. I've got a staffy cross pitty and when he was young he had a quick and savage bite, and we had to punish him and pretty severely until he learnt to respect humans.

Now he is incredibly obedient and good natured, if we hadn't punished him when he was growing up i suggest he would of attacked a human and been put down by now.

my dog back home is tough as fuck

i used to wrestle this dog and she kept biting me. and would put her in headlocks the whole bit. but i would just typically slap her in the upside the head and she'd act like its a game. but i love the dog till death.

but i pretty much broke it down in the other thread twinky made. its just a low act of a coward. i think we are the nastiest and most wicked creatures on this earth. and dont belive attacking or killing an animal if it hasnt threatend you or you need to eat it to survive. you hit the dog im gonna beat you with a 2x4 thats how i feel.

my dog has gotten pretty big, but he's still scared of the spray bottle. It's all mental, but spraying him sends him scurrying to the other end of the apartment, and if I so much as pull the trigger without spraying the water, he still does that classic "wet dog shake-off" like he got hit. Mental torture? It keeps him away from the coffee table when I'm eating

it seems that corporal punishment, at least with dogs, is still cool to an extent, don't leave marks and don't starve seem like 2 cardinal rules but I'm asking about the grey area, the stuff that 'MAY' be mean or maybe is just LuLz... I don't think I buy A.D's line because everybody (human) is the butt of the joke sometime and I think that's healthy. It promotes humility and revenge fantasies.

Thing is, just where does it cross the line? Should we all be A.D and coddle the animals that are crapping in our houses or should we flip the scrip and say that it's all good until BB guns are involved?

edit:

^Yeah, like what Don said, 'corrective behavior modification' or abuse?

smart you are 100% correct with that, its hard to type exactly what i mean. so tryin to explain as best as possible.... think about if it were you, was the line crossed? as a child i was beat the fuck up for shit like brushing my teeth wrong. I should have never been beat for that later when i was stealing cars nothing happened.

when i was beat up i rebelled and so do dogs, i dont have any links right now how dogs will react the same but they are out there.

dogs will never understand the pain you inflict you just gotta prove you are the dominant male in another way and they will step the fuck down.

***/drunk and can barely see the monitor oner

OK, and maybe I steered this too much towards dogs.

For the last week, I've been farming chickens. I'm house sitting. Anyway, there's NO corporal punishment there, chickens are DUMB. They can't formulate the causal reprisals of eating the garden vs. eating random weeds. They don't get verbals so all you can really do is wave your arms... but I still have 2 houses of my own to tend so somedays they are in the coop for almost the entire day... usually they're mostly free range-ish, if you count the back yard as a 'range'... so is that abuse?

Why? or why not?

When my nephews are home they seem to torment the birds unceasingly, nothing vicious but they chase them and catch them and poke and prod... abuse?

Is the line simply a measure of physical artifacts or is there some deeper psychological issue that humans as a whole need to sort out?

(not so much with the chickens though, like I said, they are DUMB )

stupid emoticons

I think animals just like people want companionship. So if you're gonna put it through a little greif you gotta be able to back it up with a lifetime of loyalty. If you can't do that then you're just abusing an already abused animal.

As for livestock, i think you're entitled to kill and eat the animals you've looked over from birth. In a smaller rural setting, families will raise rabbits and chickens like housepets even when they're ultimate use is livestock. At some point I think it's an owner's responsibility to put a sick dog down, and to kill an animal when it's time for harvest. It's the same ethic, and an honest and noble one at that. It's why I dont think vegetarians have a leg to stand on when it comes to being against animal cruelty in a rural setting because farm animals not only see a natural life and die a natural way but they lived happily were part of a caring household and protected from predators.

have you guys ever seen those dog owners who deal with their dogs as though they're human? Like from the discipline on down to every other interaction. Mildly relative to the thread, I'm gonna tell this story anyway:

yesterday there was a guy who's dog got fixated on a plastic soda bottle and was sitting in the corner chewing on it. His owner kept going up to him saying REX. WE'RE AT THE DOG RUN. GO PLAY. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE IN THE CORNER YOURSELF.

the dog was fucking ignoring his ass of course so after three attempts he runs up to the dog in anger and snatches the bottle out of the his mouth and screams ENOUGH! ENOUGH WITH THE BOTTLE! THAT'S IT! WATCH WHAT I'M GONNA DO REX. LOOK. NO MORE BOTTLE! and he dramatically walked over the garbage can and threw it away. The dog of course looked like he could really give a flying fuck

When people see those emaciated hobo dogs on the street, they're always like "aww that poor dog's been abused all his life" but in my experience, dogs that belong to homeless people are notoriously the most well behaved and even tempered dogs. Notice how they are barely ever on leashes.

I think it was in another thread that someone was talking about those dogs that got fed cough syrup by homeless people to keep them in a subdued state?

did i mention how cool the long haired face bunny i hung out with today was

do you know what breed? i've got a dwarf angora

Either way, here's the cats that i regularly wrestle/abuse in the most loving way possible.

4879_594226109558_60711967_34557851_5719116_n.jpg

Toki - the most tolerant cat you've ever encountered

n60711967_33931778_9156.jpg

Rick James (bitch) - the best / most metal rabbit ever. he will bite anyone except me. i will laugh.

n60711967_33899857_1942.jpg

Gazuga: lord of the apes - snuggliest cat ever. never has bit me or scratched me ever. spoons with me every night when i already fall asleep.

I can't find any pictures immediately of the small black cat, dr pepper, but she's a cunt. and i love her. think of the mangiest alley cat you can possibly think of, and then you have her. saved her at 3 weeks old, her eyes were totally shut with a ton of goo and shit, spent damn near 700 dollars at the vet to save her, and now she's got a permanant home with me while i pick up her and body slam her all the time. then she runs right back on my head after i do that. fucking animals.

• Like 1

do you know what breed? i've got a dwarf angora

never got the name of the breed but it reminded me of my old himalayan cat larry, i was really considering adopting it tho.

thats awesome it sounds like you really love your animals, nice to actually see some compassion on the 12.

i think im 24'd right now, ill get you soon if so.

• Like 1

my animals keep me sane. i used to paint all the time, but that got me into a shit ton of trouble, so i needed to find something else to keep me sane, then i got my old bunny gaz

n60711967_32264926_2942.jpg

and that got me into animals a lot. before it was like 'yep....cat....dog...nice, done that', but didn't see how awesome it was taking care of them like it's your own. a huge difference from having animals as a small kid. when gaz died, i flipped my shit, didn't even touch or look at an animal for a few months, then started taking in animals that potentially would have bad homes. rick james was in a tiny-ass cage in a pet shop, now he can hop around anywhere he wants when i'm home. toki was getting little-to-no attention as a kitten, so we took him in, and now he's the spoiled little prick he is today. gazuga was living with a few severe alcoholics as a kitten, so i managed to talk them into letting me have him because i was scared he was going to get the shit beat out of him by the drunks. and dr pepper..you already heard the story about. that fucking cat cost way too much money, but at least she's the most affectionate. i've never in my life heard a cat purr as loud as she does (or seen a cat put claws into your skull because she's happy).