Year 2009 Appreciation Thread

MayorMeanBeans

I know its early, and i'm going to have to knock on wood as soon as i click submit new thread /nh, but so far this year has ruled-

- just landed in my fifth country of the year doing something for a living i used to do for a hobby.

- completely missed any semblance of winter.

- mj died.

- black president.

- rich people got poorer

- i dont hear about inconvenient truth shit now that people can afford gas again.

post up more, so far this year has ruled minus a couple untimely passings and general brokeness for the crew back home.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnLester#31

Kobe SHOULDN'T HAVE won a title without Shaq.

Lance didn't come in first, for the first time.

Mary Jane was decriminalized in my home state.

shit man it gave closure to the fucking tragedy his life had become. there was no way he was going to come out with more genius music, so its not like a tupac/biggie thing where the world is missing out on music 'he died too young' type shit.

i don't think the world could've shown out harder for him, 4 billion people repping his shit hard, even after all the fuckery post-1990?? people said they were mourning, but in reality they were celebrating his music. i hope thats how i'm remembered too, celebrated, not mourned.

mj's death was inevitable, it only makes sense it would go down in 2009

shit man it gave closure to the fucking tragedy his life had become. there was no way he was going to come out with more genius music, so its not like a tupac/biggie thing where the world is missing out on music 'he died too young' type shit.

i don't think the world could've shown out harder for him, 4 billion people repping his shit hard, even after all the fuckery post-1990?? people said they were mourning, but in reality they were celebrating his music. i hope thats how i'm remembered too, celebrated, not mourned.

mj's death was inevitable, it only makes sense it would go down in 2009

naw.....im sure he would have come out with more music....whether he produced it for others or made it himself.

plus since he was a humanitarian, im sure he wouldve continued helping people for the rest of his life....he did kinda die young too by the way.....since the average life span is in the 80s now, he still had another 30 or so years left.

2009 has been ok. I finished college, just got a job doing photography for now until i find a job in a better city. Though, this job has the possibility of making 40-60g a year, so if shit goes well with it i may just try to transfer to the same position in a different state/city. Plus, no family members or friends have died yet this year, which is always a bonus.

On the downside, i'm not living in a city i like at all and i don't know anyone there except for my neighbor who i just met last week, but she'll be disappearing back to college an hour or so away in a month. Oh well, money > friends for the next few years until i have a good chunk of change in the bank.

I have been thinking about how this 'decade' is coming to an end fairly soon. I am not even sure what to call this decade. The 00's ? Hm.

Thus far 2009 has been a very good year for me.

Learned how to drive! ( I am 24 and should have learned long ago )

Have a position as a volunteer waiting in the Philippines, and am moving there in 1.5 months.

No loved ones have died and I haven't been arrested in a couple of years.

I have a pretty fun job right now, working with kids, that pays cash.

What sort of photography jobs do you guys have? If you don't mind my asking.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear it's going well for you guys, but so far I hate 2009. The Detroit Pistons have only gotten worse, I work too much, and on new year's day I woke up next to a shameful woman who couldn't stop blabbing about how she's living her dream job working for Vice magazine. I knew it was gonna be a bad year right then and there. Then I happened upon that fucked up hat store in the Lower East Side, I'm sure some of you remember that shit..

*drinks a shot of Evan Williams*

oh, and 30 is right around the corner now, 2k9 is the twilight of my 20's. I'm dealing with this frustration by surrounding myself with NYU sluts who frequent the bars I work at.

• Like 1

2009 has been pretty shitty for me so far

Hopefully once I start college in August everything will turn around

Banged a couple bitches, got out of a long term relationship

Theres been good with the bad

But yeah new years I was passed out By 12 from binge drinking, so I thought thatd be a bad omen as well

What sort of photography jobs do you guys have? If you don't mind my asking.

Nothing particularly exciting, i'm doing commission studio portraiture in churches, but it isn't uncommon for the good photographers who are able to maximize their sales to make $200+ on most days, which is 52g right there if you can maintain that as your average. The job kinda just fell in my lap when i wasn't even remotely looking for photography jobs, but it should be better than any other short-medium term job i would've found.

• 2 months later...

^^ propped, haha

- worked 20 hours/week to pass one class and school last semester

- worked all summer and didn't paint

- got exactly 0 women

- got heavily in debt

- reached 1 year anniversary of being single

- got food poisoning two or three times

- currently have a roomate who fantasizes about other men

- moved to new plce almost entirely for this girl who decided that while i worked all summer was a great time to get with and virtually marry some other dude

...currently hate life more than ever.

fuck 2009