Disgusting but delicious

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one I haven't fucked with in awhile:

1 can of vegetarian chili

a block of cream cheese from the grocery store

shredded cheddar-half a bag(those ones with the mini ziploc at the top, you know)

salt and pepper, hot sauce

melt it all together, stir, you got cheesy bean dip.

Yeah, I've made variations on that. Usually I'll use a package of taco seasoning from the health food store, pintos and shredded jack. It gets pretty gnarly when you get to the bottom of the container, though.

One thing that I used to drink that grossed people out was Coke, pineapple juice and rum (the Coca-colada?) I haven't had one in a while.

:lol:

asian people.

I think this is how the joke started for them:

We got a projector in the bar downstairs, I was watching 'Trading Places' while prepping the bar and the chef sees Eddie Murphy on the screen handling stocks and wearing a suit. Dude was like "Oh-bah-mah! Oh-bah-mah!" :lol:

seriously, on the late night in there when the kitchen's shut down, the rice cooker is still turned on so I've gotten pretty shameless with teh steamed white rice and soy sauce as a drunken meal. Add some chili oil, rice vinegar, etc.

not ketchup

or mustard.

Not entirely true. A little Chinese mustard is okay. Ketchup? That's a somewhat harder case to make, but I know plenty of people that do it. In a way, it seems like it wouldn't be too far off from Spanish rice if you added a little Tapatio.

1nxksi.jpg

i made up this baking cheese based off a few other recipes i had seen

1cup water

3tablespoons nutritional yeast

2tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats (microwave oatmeal)

2tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)

1tablespoon cornstarch

1teaspoon onion powder

1teaspoon raw cashews, ground

1/2teaspoon mustard powder

1/4teaspoon salt

Combine everything in a blender, blend until smooth. Drizzle over before baking

Ive used this for lasagne, baked mac n' cheese, or over some marinara on top a french bread half for a tasty pizza.

I think its awesome..:cool:

• Like 1

Guest 50million
I like how in every food thread, even one that is about ridiculously shitty/broke white people food, 50 tries to impress people with her palette and/or stupid stories about wholefoods. Did you even look at the thread and realize its about bojangles terrible eating habits and his hope that other people would share their disgusting redneck concoctions, or did you just see the title "disgusting but delicious" and run to google image search to find like the 15th picture of foie gras that you've posted in here since you went to the french laundry?

edit: ha, kimjungilla beat me to it. must spread rep.

im juss saying its disgusting and delicious like the thread title.

like velveta. disgusting, but delicious!

and im sorry but i think im obessed.

menudo2019811.jpg

I'm 90% sure I saw these pants for sale at American Apparel the other day (disclaimer-I was there with some friends, not shopping for anything for myself)...

...anyway, back to food- there's a vegan pimento dip I've used as a cheese substitute before, it's pretty good. I think Annie's makes it, you can get it at Whole Foods.

You might remember me as the man who brought you cow tongue

tongue4.jpg

Cow toungue is the shit! we cook it and slap it in tacos called "tacos de Lengua". Also, Cow head "Tacos de cabesa"

Honestly, if they served you that and not tell you what it is, you would like it.

i think i may smoke some pot and make this tonight, i can imagine the face the woman at the grocery store will give me....

maybe if this actually happens i should make it a point to walk to the hottest girl who is running a register and do it, and maybe get like 14 candy bars to top it off and inform her of the recipe... then ask her out