Fans FTW

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does a heatwave in Vancouver consist of?

30-35 degrees celsius all day and night. For weeks on end.

its worst for me personally as my room is tiny, faces the sun most of the day, aaaaaaaaand its tiny upstairs. Sooo its brutal

its also so hot that we have no cold tap water. The cold water is warm. Its awesome

Yeah, when the oscillator craps out on one of those 10 dollar junts you're screwed.

Seriously, Hay...if you're facing more than a couple days of heat get a hammock and sleep outside. If you live near water, citronella will keep the bugs away.

Omg I almost shit myself laughing at a Canadian heatwave!!!

WTF is a Canadian heatwav like? 80 degrees all august?

Also anyone on the west coast, even southern California, please stop hitching about the heat - you live in a costal weather paradise and some of us land locked people would kill for your costal breeze and lowered humidity

Yeah, when the oscillator craps out on one of those 10 dollar junts you're screwed.

Seriously, Hay...if you're facing more than a couple days of heat get a hammock and sleep outside. If you live near water, citronella will keep the bugs away.

Haha see what I mean? Try sleeping outside in the summer here, you might wake up dead on the wrong day! That shit only works near the coast where water keeps it cool once the sun goes over the horizon

it's still hot as he'll and humid as fuck at night here

good luck with that

Haha see what I mean? Try sleeping outside in the summer here, you might wake up dead on the wrong day!

But if I died I wouldn't care...

"Hey, did you hear about *****?"

"No, what?"

"He croaked it sleeping outside during that last heatwave."

"(insert Nelson laugh here)"

We get 100 degree weeks here. It just hasn't happened yet for some reason.

When it hits the 90s I'll sleep on the porch. Buck naked. Fuck the neighbors.

Just cause you live near water doesn't mean that you're going to have a steady cool breeze.

Actually, living near water usually = muggy ass humidity.

California is just a fluke.

It's not a fluke.... the Atlantic has warm ocean currents and the Pacific has cool currents... warmer waters means more water evaporation in to the air. Which is why the East Coast tends to be humid and the West tends to be dry, and why the southeast gets hit with hurricanes and the southwest doesn't.

No

living near the ocean is different than living near water

rivers and lakes aren't big enough to offer any real cooling value

there's a river that runs right through downtown that keeps us around 35-75% humidity for about 8 months out of the year

but the ocean is a lot bigger, it's not a fluke, you can't compare a lake/ river to the ocean

it's so fucking humid in NYC lately, luckily I work across the street from my place and they got AC. I go in there and sit at the bar on my day off just to get out of the sauna that is my apartment.

I'm sitting in front of a fan right now feelin like spike lee in Do The Right Thing

*cues up "can't stand it" by steel pulse*

And trust me, my ex roomate has been in the bay for the past 3 months, he's loving the weather

I got crew in San Diego who describes the weather as a tropical paradise compared to here

everyone I ever met says the weather is infinitely nicer.. Plus shai you are in the bay that's not even that southern,