Obama Knife Ban

publicenemyno.3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This isn't Obama, this is the "U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency" (whatever that is). And I agree that this this is dumb, but I think we're a long way from being disarmed, forcibly or otherwise.

And before someone says "They're coming for our guns next," well...when they do, SHOOT BACK, Waco style. I guarantee you if enough people do just that it's going to have two effects- it will make law enforcement/whoever think twice about confiscating weapons, and the press will have a field day with it.

i agree with shai, i dont think the national guard and marines are going to be going door to door, TODAY. (as in the next few months) but it will happen in the future. without a doubt. i dont see an outright door to door confiscation happening in america for a while. BUT i do see incremental gun control and victim disarmament the same that has been happening for years. soon enough, it will practically be illegal by default to own a gun. the majority of gun owners as it is right now, has probably broken some idiotic regulation, licensing requirement or other absurdity pertaining to guns, as they make it so you CANNOT keep up with new or existing regulations. they dont want you to follow the law. most in the government want you to have little to no freedom at all. and self defense is their main issue. the state continually wants to deny right of a person to defend themselves.

incremental measures dont bring public outrage like full on assaults. and there is no doubt that when full on assaults do happen the gov. and media will do their best to paint the victims of tyranny as child molesters, some form of rabid racists, inbred, crazy christians (or satan worshippers, take your pick) impailing dogs up the rectum with butcher knives, in an effort to hide their trampling of liberty. as they have done in the past.

the camel has had its nose under the tent for a long time, in fact he is damn near entirely in the tent. and one of these times when every one is saying how alarmist everyone is being, the people degrading the alarmists will be affected more than the people doing the alarming.

full gun control WILL come to the US. I see no way of turning america back into a country of liberty oriented people absent a large scale conflict. most non gunowners today think anyone who owns a gun is either a nut, the enemy or breaking the law by owning it to begin with. the hoplophones will not stop until all guns are out of the hands of private citizens. if they were going to stop, they would of simply stopped after they got their way with the first 20K gun laws in america already.

^^^^^^^^^^I agree with most everything you said. I don't think that full gun control will happen in Ameica though. I think the country will fall apart to nothing before that happens. At least I'd go out shooting. The problem is, men nowadays are feminized by the media and entertainment, except for a few fortunate enough to be raised by a real, honest, stand up, patriotic man, and unfortunately also the nutty ass kids who take some x-box shooting game seriously, and takes his rage out on innocent people. But we're free people because our great, great, great grandfathers threw away their lives to fight tyranny to give us the freedom we have now.

To everyone with children, teach them not to be a pussy that would actually give in to the governments attempts to completely control us in every single way. I'll be going out in a blaze one of them "crazy people" the media covers. But, I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon for us to have to kill government youth brigades. The youth is our future and are the ones who will be the only people to keep our freedom through standing up and fighting. Either that, or science is going to eventually get so ahead, that the government is going to be able to fly a plane unmanned over your home, detect through microchips if you're government people, detect if you're hiding a gun somehow in your house, and bomb your fuckin' shit like there's absolutely no way to fight that shit.

i don't get too involved in the vocal political fighting or points expressed side of things, more like the fuck this shit, i need to take action. most i do is call up congress and my state capitol at times and bitch them out. but i'm damn sure ready to take actions even further if needed. fuck it. this shit pisses me off.

^^^ are you joking or are you retarded?

as long as you don't pack a steak knife at your waist when you go out i'm pretty sure you'll be just fine

i was joking. give me a little credit here. after looking at this article a little more, it really isnt that big of an outrage. i always thought that gravity knives etc., were just a way to subvert the illegality of switchblades. i have nothing against switchblades or whatever the hoodlums carry these days, but this just seems to be another headache to deal with for a lot of people.

switch blades are totally legal to own, however most localities prohibit carrying of them outside your private property.

i never understood what the hell the big deal is about a switch blade. all the flick blades out now, there is virtually no difference between them and a switch blade.

it wont be long and pen knives will be outlawed too. only terrorists need them!

Most switchblades are garbage. I find it hard to believe that it would be possible to kill someone with one...and a stiletto? Forget about it.

AOD, my point is that there are some very key laws that the feds will need to change before they could completely disarm the US LEGALLY. What will create outrage is when they fuck up and shoot some poor guy who has no criminal record when they try to take his gun collection. If some Darth Vader-looking ATF agents stormed YOUR house without a warrant or ID and you were armed and you had no clue as to why they were there, what do you think is going to happen? There is going to be blazing hell on earth for a couple minutes resulting in at least one death (the gun owner).

So yes, I advocate people resisting shit like this by any means necessary. The feds are not going to try and handle this in plain sight, they are going to do everything they can to sneak this one past the people. I hate to see people get killed but when the state starts looking at the people like they're the enemy and taking steps to contain the situation....it's time to push back. Voting isn't gonna do shit...the only hope at this point is to bring attention to the situation.

As far as the knives, start buying them now. There's probably billions in the country already. I'm pretty sure the plan is to stop importing them, not confiscation.

haha, yeah, most switch blades cater to the people who are like...'omg, its a switch blade, give me one, here is $2.99.' i know someone who has ordered hundreds of dollars worth of automatic knives and only got one good one and that one knife cost HALF of his entire order of 20 or so knives. the good one was an automatic version of an expensive $200 knife. the automatic version sold for $250. i would risk my life on this knife. without a doubt. most people do not own these kind of automatic knives. they own the automatic knives that you cant figure out how to open and wouldnt hold or even take an edge for anything.

which reminds me, i do need another knife as my main knife broke.... here we go again. you can just order ONE knife.......

pocket.jpg

I carry one of these for general use. Cheap, good steel, doesn't really look like a knife.

Art%20of%20War%20Drop%20Point%20Fixed%20Blade.jpg

I used to carry a blade similar to one of these for protection but then after the OPD started shooting people indiscriminately I started feeling a little uncertain as to whether it was a good idea or not.

i have one of these: (well rather i have the older discontinued model with the push button auto, instead of secret release)

protechscalenewbtbt.jpg

best knife i have ever owned.

holds the best edge of any knife i've ever seen.

i stopped carrying it. i need another all purpose knife for every day carry that is not auto. no use in getting some stupid charge for an auto knife when a non auto or spring assist gets the job done equally as good

You'll probably think I'm crazy, but...I found out about Opinels when I used to make messenger bags. I bought a couple and had them around the house to use as needed...when they lost their edge I'd take a piece of 320 grit sandpaper and buff the edge out. It would take me about 10-15 minutes to get it to where it would cut as good as new.

I wouldn't do that with a really nice knife but Opinels cost about $15 new, and since it didn't wreck it I figured I was onto a good thing...or was I?

• Like 1

You'll probably think I'm crazy, but...I found out about Opinels when I used to make messenger bags. I bought a couple and had them around the house to use as needed...when they lost their edge I'd take a piece of 320 grit sandpaper and buff the edge out. It would take me about 10-15 minutes to get it to where it would cut as good as new.

I wouldn't do that with a really nice knife but Opinels cost about $15 new, and since it didn't wreck it I figured I was onto a good thing...or was I?

sure thing man, sandpaper is a very good way to sharpen knives. i used to always do this at work. i would always wrap the paper tight around a large flat file to make sure i would 'roll' over the edge and actually make it dull. manys a times i've worked from 220-1500 or 2000 grit, (usually use p grade papers at work cause thats what we have around) and finish with a strop on that same protech knife. usually wouldnt need to start with anything under 800 or 1000 with that thing though. will float hairs no problem

which brings up the auto body mandatory dialogue about 'p' grit paper and 'cami' grit paper..... hahaha

(p grit is coarser than the same numbered cami grit)

which messes do it yourselfers doing their own body work up. "oh, just sand the primer to 320 and shoot it" then homeboy shoots his silver metallic over 2K primer that is sanded with p320 and he can see every scratch in his new paint job.