Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bomb_the_system

Is graffiti really art?

Recommended Posts

Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

YOU SIR, ARE A FAGGOT.....PLEASE KILL YOURSELF SLOWLY ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
think about you fuck heads graffiti is legal if you have permisson

 

Except graffiti by definition is illegal you fucking dolt.

 

And you're fronting like it's the same to spend all day at a legal wall with a bunch of scribbling toys as to choosing where and what you would like to paint.

 

I also have 5 on you being a cop or some annoying "concerned citizen" who thought you'd hop on here and make an amazingly persuasive argument that would wow all the ignorant graffiti writers and make them change their ways.

 

Except everyone on here is laughing at you and half the people on here only wish they wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

 

haha way to roll parts of infamy and other famous movies into a big ball and pass them off as your own words.

 

legal graffiti is not graffiti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its art to whoever is looking at it. Saying something is "art" is never really a fact, just an opinion.

 

But do I think its art, yes. Do I think its vandalism, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graffiti IS illegal

 

Graffiti:

"One or more letters, symbols, figures, etching, scratches, inscriptions, stains, or other markings that disfigure or deface a structure or thing, howsoever made or otherwise affixed on the structure or thing."

 

If it's legal, It is no longer graffiti.

 

So really, you can go play with your legal walls.

While we have fun doing illegals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

 

i can tell by this, that your shit deffinately needs moar arrows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW! i never thought of it like that... Why dont i just ask the owners of the property if im allowed to fuck it up beyond all recognition... Yeah! Then i can let them know my personal details and trust that they wont pass any of this information onto the popo, its lucky that i trust random people ive never met before with my criminal activities...

 

You fucking tit. I dont graff so its pretty for the public, and i dont graff in a way that keeps everyone happy. Graff is about expressing yourself, wether its an opinion, belief, idea or you just wanna fuckin paint. Your motives dont matter, aslong as you stay real. And you sir are asking me to paint like a wanna be, to scared to, conforming to rules peice of shit. Well i aint gonna.

 

My 5 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

graffiti is what it is graffiti whether it is done legal or illegally do your thing. i love illegal bombin but i wouldnt mind gettin paid for it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread seriously makes me want to hurt someone..to the O.P. kill yourself...if not at least quit doing your so called "graffiti" and break your computer and never bring up graffiti again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graffiti is what it is graffiti whether it is done legal or illegally do your thing. i love illegal bombin but i wouldnt mind gettin paid for it either.

 

from the sound of this post you are never or shouldn't ever be paid anytime in the near future to do anything graff related...;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question of ( Is graffiti really art? )

Should be worded as fallows. Can graffiti really be art?

 

No matter what personal veiw you have on graffiti artist's/vandels. Its still a major form of ones own Self Expressionisms. So I personaly lean towards graff being ART. Either way the question of Is graffiti really art? Is as retorical as. Is masterbation wrong?

 

 

 

I typed this with one hand.

Tug tug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×