Is graffiti really art?

bomb_the_system

Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes graffiti is art, but to most non-writers it's vandalism so do we really need to tag if it's art?. We all know graffiti strated with tagging then moved on to pieces, when i ask people if they like graffiti most of them say ''i like the murals that they do on walls and on the train lines but i hate tag's'' there are some really good tags out there, with throw up's there are some that look really dope. Over the year's i've goten into the more art side of graffiti less tagging and throw up's to more pieces. So if graffiti is really art why do we need to tag or bomb the fuck out of some thing? i know that pieces are supposed to be done illegal wich gives you the rush, when i got caught by the vandal squad i thought i could never graffiti agen but i strated asking the owner if i could do pieces on there wall or fence 90% of them sat yes the other 10% is old abanden bulidings or rail way property. so i hope you get my point plus if u ask the own you dont have to worry about cops chasing you, and you can spend more time on your piece.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SIR, ARE A FAGGOT.....PLEASE KILL YOURSELF SLOWLY ....

• Like 1

think about you fuck heads graffiti is legal if you have permisson

Except graffiti by definition is illegal you fucking dolt.

And you're fronting like it's the same to spend all day at a legal wall with a bunch of scribbling toys as to choosing where and what you would like to paint.

I also have 5 on you being a cop or some annoying "concerned citizen" who thought you'd hop on here and make an amazingly persuasive argument that would wow all the ignorant graffiti writers and make them change their ways.

Except everyone on here is laughing at you and half the people on here only wish they wrote.

haha way to roll parts of infamy and other famous movies into a big ball and pass them off as your own words.

legal graffiti is not graffiti.

Graffiti IS illegal

Graffiti:

"One or more letters, symbols, figures, etching, scratches, inscriptions, stains, or other markings that disfigure or deface a structure or thing, howsoever made or otherwise affixed on the structure or thing."

If it's legal, It is no longer graffiti.

So really, you can go play with your legal walls.

While we have fun doing illegals.

i can tell by this, that your shit deffinately needs moar arrows.

• Like 1

WOW! i never thought of it like that... Why dont i just ask the owners of the property if im allowed to fuck it up beyond all recognition... Yeah! Then i can let them know my personal details and trust that they wont pass any of this information onto the popo, its lucky that i trust random people ive never met before with my criminal activities...

You fucking tit. I dont graff so its pretty for the public, and i dont graff in a way that keeps everyone happy. Graff is about expressing yourself, wether its an opinion, belief, idea or you just wanna fuckin paint. Your motives dont matter, aslong as you stay real. And you sir are asking me to paint like a wanna be, to scared to, conforming to rules peice of shit. Well i aint gonna.

My 5 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

The question of ( Is graffiti really art? )

Should be worded as fallows. Can graffiti really be art?

No matter what personal veiw you have on graffiti artist's/vandels. Its still a major form of ones own Self Expressionisms. So I personaly lean towards graff being ART. Either way the question of Is graffiti really art? Is as retorical as. Is masterbation wrong?

I typed this with one hand.

Tug tug

Nigga you gay.

• Like 1

i dont understand why it cant be both...look at EL MAC.i dont know that many people who wouldnt say his work isnt beautiful or that wouldnt consider it art but if its dont on a freight or a building without permission its vandalism.people want to put it into one specific catagory and i dont really think it can be.granted some of it is just trash.like most gang shit and dumb fucks who like to throw up swastikas and draw penises on walls but most of what ive seen was pretty cool stuff that took alot of practice and skill to get done and i think most non writers dont realise that.can control is a bitch to get down.and its even harder when your doing it at night or under the constant threat of A. getting jumped or B. getting thrown in jail.