Tron Legacy The Movie................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Yeah --I'm pretty nerded up about this movie. The original Tron is still to this day one of my favorite movies.

Daft Punk is doing the theme for the new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLr-fTukq9w

I really like the beginning of this. The song as a whole brings me back to when John Carpenter did his own scores. That was some good shit.

• Like 1

Yeah --I'm pretty nerded up about this movie. The original Tron is still to this day one of my favorite movies.

I really like the beginning of this. The song as a whole brings me back to when John Carpenter did his own scores. That was some good shit.

God damn. I was like semi hyped to watch this movie when i first heard daft punk was making the soundtrack. Until I heard this song..

Now I'm anxious hah.

Thanks Earl for sharing that.

You're dead on about this.. Best work DP has done in a while..

Do have the Halloween theme sort disco-ish remix?

That shit is top notch..

Late 70's early 80's horror movies had some great soundtracks/themes to them.

Do have the Halloween theme sort disco-ish remix?

That shit is top notch..

Late 70's early 80's horror movies had some great soundtracks/themes to them.

Hell yes.

theylive.jpg

Also my buddy works in special effects and helped out making the light suits and what not.

He seems to think legacy is going to be pretty awesome. I'm inclined to agree. :)

When I heard that theme song my first thought was that it was WAAAAY too obvious and "easy" for Daft Punk to do. Looked around and found out that in fact, that's not Daft Punk's work, it was done by some remixers called Cryda Luv.

I have a feeling Daft Punk is gonna come out with stuff very different from what people have in mind, they approach film in a very different way from how they do dance music. If you've seen their movie "Electroma" you'd get a better idea... zero Daft Punk music in it.

It's probably gonna be very beautiful, very abstract computerized score music. I wouldn't count on too much of their oontz oontz styles for this one.

This was the song I was talking about from John Carpenter:

Longer version with the sleeve, I want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot_YaFrzrA0&feature=related

Not sure why I was saying it was a remix of the Halloween theme..

Not to thread jack, but this is the goods right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQupiKdvMM&feature=related

The Film Music Of John Carpenter - Part One

• 5 months later...

bump

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44113

"Hiya Harry!!

Just got back from Toronto to lovely Hamilton, Ontario. I was invited on the spur of a moment to some kind of ultra secret Tron: Legacy event at the Scotiabank Imax theatre in Toronto. $20 round trip bus ticket later with my cheeks red with geeky bubbly anticipation. Cell phones or any electronic devices were strictly banned. We were even checked with metal detecting wands. Sounded pretty serious!

What could it possibly be???

Maybe a test screening! Maybe the first 20 minutes of the movie! With 3D stereo glasses mounted on my melon my party and I got nice seats middle row back.

The place was absolutely packed with nerds. Tall, lanky, wispy sideburned nerds. My beard was bristling with excitement.

The lights dimmed. It was about to start. So, what was this 1 hour bus trip and 20 minute walk through slushy Toronto for?

A couple minutes of brand new trailer!

Eh...disappointment. But COOL DISAPPOINTMENT!!

I'm getting a little bit more of a feel of the plot of the movie at this point. We all know it's revolving around Flynn's son. It starts with said son being told about his father being missing for 20 years. How Flynn was revolutionizing everything from computers to medicine. The son enters Flynn's arcade. He then goes behind the secret door behind the old Tron arcade game. Fires up a computer. A familiar laser rises behind him. Fires up.

Then we get the computer world!

It was very frantic from this point out. First thing we see is a full on Recognizer. It was badass. Lots more moving parts. The cockpit seemed to rise up the legs like an elevator. Inside we see Flynn Jr. We see a shot of Young Flynn (presumably Clu). We see a badass old Flynn with a posse of other programs behind him. It looks to me like Flynn totally owns the place. We see lots of frisbees being thrown. We see lots of light bikes smashing each other up. We see a light quad-bike getting in on the action. We see the gal from Bones laying on a pretty badass couch.

We also see some tap-dancing with a cane.

Hmmm, I should have brought a pen and paper with me to the theatre. They played the damn thing once and then it was time to leave.

GAH!

All in all the trailer was very fast paced and kinetic once we entered the computer world. Immediate thoughts are Flynn feels like an antagonist in this film. The look of the computer world feels a little different than the concept trailer that was first debuted at Comic Con...that being largely very dark. This trailer seemed the complete opposite. It was like going to The Apple Store actually. Everything was gleaming white and very bright.

Also on the way out we were given t-shirts that say 'Flynn Lives'. That didn't appease a lot of the lankier dweebs in the theatre. Most seemed pretty miffed that they were just treated to a dinky little trailer.

Dinky little trailer, but BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

Fuck yeah. TRON!

-Salvador Dalek"

more reviews if you follow the link above.

• 2 weeks later...