Aesop Rock

Daddy Screw

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find telling modern stories in an older chronological context/language often uncovers timeless elements of the human experience.

the same things happen over and over, we just call them something else.

'the harbor is yours', by A.R is a good example of this.

i bet this guys owns a shirt that says "HIP HOP SAVED MY LIFE"

aesop rock graduated from college I feel like that may be the problem here.

this argument has gone on for years in channel zero....

asherdaocopy.jpg

*edit

aesopscarycopy.jpg

aesop-scary.jpg

he has an original style. which is a lot these days. granted, a lot of his early stuff was lacking, but i think he's worked up to his current sound really well.

i completely disagree with you, float was possibly his prime it was all downhill after labor days and has since become sort of a joke - especially his following.

I think blockhead had a lot to do with his success.

i you tubed an old aesop rock song i like cause i havent heard it in ages...

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew what was going to be inside. Saying you like Aesop Rock in Ch.0, is like admitting you let your girl shove a badger up your ass --and then that you liked it.

I'm not a huge fan of Aesop Rock, but at the same time I don't think he's talentless or worth as much hate. He did have one track that I really like.

Aesop Rock will have a track with an obscure theme. say a bunch of random unrelated shit that rhymes and maybe to a varying degree of success tie it together. Most of the time its so random that theres not much to tie. Kinda schitzophrenic if you ask me. That said... im not that much a fan.

Im sayin tho... You can argue that his rhymes are shit all day long. Its subjective. Either you like it or not. I am occasionally forced to listen to rock type music. When i take those lyrics apart im amazed by how little sense that shit makes. I mean. It makes sense but they arent saying anything at all. Makes me wonder what the fuck the writer is thinking. Its shit that lots and lots of people like. I guess they just dont pay attention to what the vocals mean