Dude gets a ticket for going 58 in a 65 zone.

I've heard of getting tickets for going too slow, but 58 in a 65???

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/I-Cant-Drive-65.html?yhp=1

I Can't Drive 65!

Man pulled over for going too slow

Erik Bonstrom considers himself a safe driver. So imagine his surprise when he was stopped along Route 50 Tuesday evening in Prince George's County, Md., -- for going too slow.

Watch Video

A man who considers himself a safe driver is protesting a ticket he got for driving too slow.

"Coming back on Route 50, the speed limit is 55 and I was pulled over by a Maryland State trooper," Bonstrom said. "When I asked him why, he said I was going too slow and issued me an $80 ticket for going 58 in a 65."

Bonstrom said he tried to reason with the trooper as passing cars whizzed by.

"To me, you are punishing a safe driver and there are many cars that were passing me, and I guess it was just easier to pull me over than the cars that were speeding," Bonstrom said.

Bonstrom said the traffic stop is more puzzling because it came just yards before a 65 mph sign. He said he believes he was pulled over for going 58 mph on a part of the road that is actually a 55 mph zone, not 65 mph like the trooper claims.

A Maryland State Police representative said they are looking into the matter and plan to have a response within 24 hours.

Bonstrom said he plans to fight the ticket in court.

"If I was wrong, if I was speeding, then you got me and I'm wrong," Bonstrom said. "But the fact that I don't believe I'm wrong and that I wasn't breaking any laws -- that's why I'm fighting it."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was once pulled over for going 60mph in a 65 zone in Detroit. The cop really just wanted to search my car for drugs, as he bluntly admitted. I asked for probable cause after providing a reason for being out late, etc.

I got out of the situation when he had no answer, drove off kinda angry and paranoid at the same time.

Slow drivers suck, but let's be honest speed demons suck too.

The scared drivers doing 40mph on the 65mph freeway slow everyone up, but the speed demons that are doing 95 and tailgate you no matter how fast you go fuck it up for everybody as well. I tend to move with the average flow of traffic.

If he's in the right lane It's OK, he shouldn't get a ticket.

If this douche was in the left lane going 58 on a 65mph highway he deserves a ticket.

Anyone who isn't passing the cars on their right and stay in the left lane should GTFO of the left lane.

Finally the piggies did something right (if he was in the left lane).

LOL, knowing the Maryland Cops he was just bored. There are some really confusing highway speed limit signs in MD. There's one area I know that has no speed limit signs posted for over 5 miles.

There hasn't been anything news worthy around here since the snipers, which in my opinion is good.

New Topic: News is over glorified gossip. True or False?

sometimes i drive my big ass caprice real slow on the interstate[ when i catcvh people driving like assholes ill get ahead of them, then box them in right next to a semi,, where ill act like im gonna speed past the semi, then slow down and push them back, then act like im gonna pass the semi, then i let them pass and throw my blunt roach at their car and say YOU MAD?

• Like 1

Some granny got on the interstate up ahead of me. Speed limit was 70 she was doing maybe 35. Cars slamming on their brakes swerving every where. Once I got to pass her she was prolly 90 and had headphones on.

One thing I've noticed down here that I never seen before is these assholes who stop at yield signs like it's a fucking stop sign.

I almost rear ended this bitch once trying to get onto the fucking highway.

How the fuck you gonna stop in the middle of a fucking onramp???

Niggas love to tailgate down here too.

You be driving 5 miles over the speed limit and the guy behind you wants to go faster so instead of going around you they just ride your ass like as if it's going to scare you into going faster for them.

I'm gonna get shot in a road-rage fight one of these days.

sometimes i drive my big ass caprice real slow on the interstate[ when i catcvh people driving like assholes ill get ahead of them, then box them in right next to a semi,, where ill act like im gonna speed past the semi, then slow down and push them back, then act like im gonna pass the semi, then i let them pass and throw my blunt roach at their car and say

Love doing shit like this, except I drive a truck

ok but really, this one time i was driving down a major 5 lane street here, in the left lane headed downtown. Im going a good 5 over the speed limit, but the road is open except for a car creeping up on me that starts riding my ass. So i slow down, the car keeps riding my ass. I speed up, car is riding my ass. So at this point im thinking someone is trying to get the drop on me because there is nobody but us on the road, which is abnormal, and they could easily pass instead of riding me hard. I start driving really slow, like 25 mph in a 40, but they stay right on my bumper. So i get to a light and they move in the center turn lane, and pull up next to me. I look over ready to exchange some heated words, but its just some asian person, oblivous to me yelling at them, and driving like a jackass. Im not one for stereotypes, but the one about asians sucking at driving is true