The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M BOUT TO BUY THIS TOMORROW. ANY OBJECTIONS?

premiumguttersharkblack.jpg

3LBS 12 OZ

Had a slight change of plans. Was thinking about how I was going to potentially buy a very nice frame

and fuck it up with older parts from one of the bikes I was going to take parts from to complete it.

Tuesday I will have pictures of my change of plans. It's in the mail.

Any of you guys got a suggestion for this slight (1/8") looseness in my headset? The neck was off-center

when I pulled it out the box so I loosened the stem bolt and the 2 side blots on the neck, centered the

neck, then tightened everything up and it has that 1/8" play (when I begin to raise the front wheel off

the ground, you feel the headset shift slightly inward). Is there a pattern to tightening the stem/neck

bolts that may have caused this? Or do I gotta go at the headset assembly under the neck?

I figured it out. I originally tightened all the bolts on the neck (Side bolts & compression bolt)

little by little instead of torquing the compression first, then the 2 side bolts(How it should be done).

When I tried loosening everything up, I tried to loosen the compression first and snapped the allen wrench

in two pieces.

Lesson learned.