The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that stuff is particularly great around the dropouts on a frame & fork .

I have a friend who has a set of 1963 Corvette Wheels , and I might suggest the White Vinegar to him to use . He found the set of wheels in a relative's garage . Too bad he didn't find a 1963 Split-Window Vette' that goes with em' . :lol::cool:

so, for discussion's sake...

how do y'all feel about the recent surge of party-guys/stoners/beer/weed in bmx lately? I read TCU all the time and it seems like a lot of cat's on there have quite a bit of hate to distribute over this subject. Although, it seems like weed-friendly kids are still on the rise, despite the overwhelming amount of people who bitch about it.

me personally, i like that it's OK to be a stoner, i came up riding in the late 90's early 00's, when bmx was DOMINATED by the "straight-edge". Smoking a cig outside (god help you if it was joint) of the skatepark was a cardinal sin and a quick way to be told not to come back. Most annoying part, was i would have a great session with people, then light up once outside the door and those nice guys would turn into typical pissy 16yr olds and shit vibe me every time they'd see me after that.

Now, i'm not saying that everyone should HAVE to be a stoner, or that the kids who don't smoke/drink/party should be ridiculed. I'm more saying that it's nice that nobody cares anymore. Fuck, you can smoke at 90% of the outdoor parks i've been to now.

Discussion subject #2: Now that drinking/smoking isn't so looked down upon in bmx, do you feel that pro's should watch what they do on camera as to be a good role model? There seems to be quite a few people that think pro's should be "good role-models" for the younger generation, and by this i mean not smoke or drink when the camera is on them.

Personally, i feel that it's up to the pro's discretion. Street kids and trail guys, it shouldn't be a big deal to be seen smoking or drinking a beer. But i can understand all the park rat kids being pissed about that. The park rat demographic is mostly young kids, not actually too into the actual bmx life, but more into the "sport" of it. Kids like that seeing a pro smoke could shatter their little perfect view of bmx. Lord knows we totally need more meat heads with gyro's and neon bikes at the skatepark doing hideous ass back flips and coping ballet nose-jam tricks. Yeah, bmx needs more of that.

damn guy you must live far from me. Oregon is so weed friendly it's ridiculous. a lot of people smoke

5222222635_4ecd82955f.jpg

Picking this up tonihgt. Aussie made "goose"

5384141190_0a923b9885.jpg

Replaced tubes and tyres / replaced naffed pedals / replaced seat / replacement chain to be fitted

5383544069_9c9f72c8d4.jpg

Replaced stem with a WIN / cleaned the grips in soapy hot water and now off to the interwebs :eek:

craigslist buy from yesterday... finally get to build up my subrosa dtt now...

2010 wtp envy, shit rides nice already and it's 100% stock. Only boner is the kid cut the bars down WAAAAY too short, a new pair of bars and a little cleaning and it will ride perfect. And it was only $350.

img3070h.jpg

img3072d.jpg

img3073o.jpg

img3074m.jpg

img3075c.jpg

You say it's an Aussie made Goose?

Wonder what the deal with the "Roadmaster" is.

As in manufactured in Australia - under licence from RM - using "goose" geometry...

Quicksilver – started producing “aussie goose” after aquiring rights thru ABC (Mongoose).

And in Queensland some “aussie Redlines” were produced back in the day.

As well as Madisons – Queensland produced goose specs.

Cheaper to build them than import them by not the case today... Sad really.

craigslist buy from yesterday... finally get to build up my subrosa dtt now...

2010 wtp envy, shit rides nice already and it's 100% stock. Only boner is the kid cut the bars down WAAAAY too short, a new pair of bars and a little cleaning and it will ride perfect. And it was only $350.

img3070h.jpg

img3072d.jpg

img3073o.jpg

img3074m.jpg

img3075c.jpg

good find! score!