The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

What'd you do with that Subrosa? Shit looked dope, I'd love to see it built

subrosa's chillin' in front of the entertainment center... had some shit go down that put a financial hold on me for a minute... that thing should'a been built by now...

i live in a shithole building in detroit, roaches (they call 'em waterbugs) bigger than my thumb, and just the other day i found bed bugs in my bedroom, the SECOND time. I've already got rid of them once last year, now i gotta do it again. So, my wife flipped out and now, a month later, i'm buying a new house. Needless to say, i'm flat broke. We aren't even taking any of our current furniture, and all of our books/random belongings have to be sprayed, sealed and stored for 6 months before we unpack them in a new home.

i'll keep y'all posted when i start getting that subrosa parted-up.

till then, i'm still on my trusty ass standard... that mother fucker has stood the test of time, twice over.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be talking to an attorney. You dont want to bring things

from the infested apartment to a new spot. That doesn't fix your

bed bug problem it just relocates it. Document that you keep

a clean living area and try to sue the landlord for all new shit

and to get out of the contract early. I mean. Bedbugs may be

living inside your mattress, inside your couch, dressers, among

your clothes. I wouldnt want to bring anything with me and i would

want them to buy me all new shit. The fact that you had to poison

everything once already.

call sam. Just hope that little cross eyed lookin one dont show up

i would be talking to an attorney... try to sue the landlord for all new shit... I mean. Bedbugs may be living inside your mattress, inside your couch, dressers, among

your clothes....

1- The lease is month to month, it's a shit hole, and the place i got is a "fixer upper" so the contract i signed = a big gold dildo specially made to mutilate my ass.

2- The mattress, couch, dressers and anything significant like that isn't coming with, all shall be re-purchased at ikea.

3- The clothes will be heated to over 120F, (the dryer will kill them) before being moved.

4- All personal belongings (all my bullshit) are placed in rubber-made tubs, sprayed, and stored for 6 months before being un-packed.

real fun.

1- The lease is month to month, it's a shit hole, and the place i got is a "fixer upper" so the contract i signed = a big gold dildo specially made to mutilate my ass.

MONTH TO MONTH BENEFITS YOU.

CHILL,MAKE A LIST OF STUFF TO FIX,

PRIORITIZE THE LIST AND CLIMB THE STEPS 1 AT A TIME INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT THE ENTIRE PROJECT AS A WHOLE.

2- The mattress, couch, dressers and anything significant like that isn't coming with, all shall be re-purchased at ikea.

NEW STUFF,CAN'T BEAT THAT.

DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB.

3- The clothes will be heated to over 120F, (the dryer will kill them) before being moved.

THAT AINT BAD NEWS.

4- All personal belongings (all my bullshit) are placed in rubber-made tubs, sprayed, and stored for 6 months before being un-packed.

HAVING TO THROW THEM AWAY WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

real fun.

YOU AIN'T GOT IT THAT BAD,

JUST MAKE SURE THE NEW SPOT IS CLEAN.

NOW BACK TO THE Bicycle Moto Xross

IRON CHEF

Watched a lot of the BMX freestyle X Games stuff the last few days... including the BIG ramp stuff. Totally blown away by some of the shit I saw. Keep in mind, I used to ride freestyle in the early to mid-80's when things weren't as nuts as they are now. Doing a 360° spin off a ramp was grounds for turning pro, pretty much.

Also been watching the UCI BMX racing on Universal for a few months now, as well, and I have a question... why are the berms made of different material than dirt? Or is it dirt mixed with something? With so many crashes happening in them, I question the reason for making them deadly.

I've been riding this single speed mountain bike and it's bringing back all kinds of BMX riding memories. Jumping every little bump in sight...

I don't know dick about BMX, nor do i pretend to, but i still enjoyed this video:

The footage itself is gorgeous, and there are some seriously large tricks as well. I had to go back and watch the shit at 1:14 like 5 times.

Some of the related videos are worthwhile as well. This filmer, John Thompson, is rather good.

Watched a lot of the BMX freestyle X Games stuff the last few days... including the BIG ramp stuff. Totally blown away by some of the shit I saw. Keep in mind, I used to ride freestyle in the early to mid-80's when things weren't as nuts as they are now. Doing a 360° spin off a ramp was grounds for turning pro, pretty much.

Also been watching the UCI BMX racing on Universal for a few months now, as well, and I have a question... why are the berms made of different material than dirt? Or is it dirt mixed with something? With so many crashes happening in them, I question the reason for making them deadly.

I've been riding this single speed mountain bike and it's bringing back all kinds of BMX riding memories. Jumping every little bump in sight...

Those berms are still dirt, they just use some special dirt that packs harder and I thin has a little silica in it to be resistant to rain and other elements (ie..making it heavier). They want to keep racing courses as pristine as possible to avoid having to rebuild after every race and to make it safe for riders.

This is all speculation of course, I am just looking at the same vids you are. I have only seen dirt and hard packed clay dirt mixtures for racing courses but i am sure they got better course building technology for the Pro leagues

BOJANGLES:

THAT PERFORMER COULD BE THE CATS PAJAMAS.

I HAVE A WHITE GT MALLET STEM SITTING AT MY PARENTS HOUSE THAT WILL DIE THERE, IF YOU NEED ONE?

2973435242_86ae4b47d7.jpg

Hmmmm...let me look on bmxmuseum.com to see if it's year appropriate and I'll get back to you. I'd like to have it though I'm sure. What would you be asking for it?

Holy fucking dustcaps Batman... Some bloke outta HK knocked this puppy up...

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

cover.jpg