Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i work at a used bike shop and some neighborhood kids brought in a 16inch redline. Toughneck/roughneck stem.

something like that.

mag wheels and coaster brake. it was busy so i didnt get time to look at it real close otherwise i woulda taken pictures too. looked old. had an oldish-looking redline logo headbadge decal like so

redline-1.gif

it didnt have any other decals

i dont know much of anything about bmx bikes.

i told him to bring it back tomorrow; i'll try and take pictures.

9366251070_6a4a03c8cc_c.jpg

9363473425_8ab7ef706f_c.jpg

9366254966_f235c96346_c.jpg

9366256092_6d3995ba10_c.jpg

word; so long story short, I tried to get this kid to have his mom bring him to a store in town where the owner collects old bmx's cause he'd know more and whatnot, kids mom didn't want to bring him (it's not real far) so he got pissed and painted the frame.

Yesterday he traded it for one of the bikes in the shop (I work at a used bike shop so I traded him a not too bad mtn bike) so I got it.

9366088582_8a6dd2acb2_c.jpg

Nice Fish... What gearing are you running...?

21.5 nice and roomy too

I have a Rennen decimal gear on the front. it's a 43.9 sprocket. with a 16t cog in the back.

i used to a ride a 44/16 with 175mm cranks, now it's a 43.9/16 on 177.5 cranks and the spin I get now feels awesome.

It's decimal gearing that pretty much let's you create any gear ratio possible. You can make any gear ratio slightly harder or easier depending on your needs for the track. Changing your gearing by fractions of a tooth is now possible.

I kinda thought it was bullshit until I used it.