The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

155853_1647091531557_1064987301_31767324_2971037_n.jpg

There's no happier 7 year-old out there today...even in 30* weather . lol .

149830_1647090971543_1064987301_31767322_6342974_n.jpg

The tires are 23 years old , and are holding air , I'm guessing they aren't the original tubes , but I wouldn't be surprised if they were .

This is what I've been looking like lately :lol: , fuck winter :mad:

010-1.jpg

Giant made March 82 (?)- I would have been about the same age as Celt's kid when this puppy dropped... Nice one.

5219492809_5c95ca998b.jpg

In the mail today from the good old US of A (bless the Aussie dollar)

Takagi 170mm 24t 1pc

Tange stamped loose ball bb

Tuf Neck Power disc

Sugino stlye 44t chain ring (willswitch it out at home)

i have got to stop watching web edits in the early mornings before work.

in the last few years, (well, since the web edits came out) there seems to be a growing rift between the different genre's of freestyle. Every time there's a edit of street shit, people are screaming "nibbler" and what not, and more often than not, racist comments and opinions are thrown around like it's all good.

what ever happened to being happy to just see another dirty kid on a bmx bike, such as yourself? Now the brakeless hate the brake riders, the pegless hate the pegged, kick-out filming trail riders hate on people doing smiths on jersey barriers...

When was the last time you saw an all-encompassing bmx edit? Street, dirt, park, maybe even a little flat? Tech and burly, nibbles and bangers?

I'm at a loss here.

YO GLEN, HERE'S MY TAKE:

IT's LIKE WHEN MUSIC STARTED CREATING TONS OF NEW/DIFFERENT STYLES AS BRANCHES ON THE TREE CALLED HIP-HOP.

AT FIRST ERRBODY WAS LIKE, IT'S ALL HIP HOP, BUT THEN THE SEPERATION OF "RAP" vs HIP-HOP WAS PUT INTO THE MIX. ERRBODY COULD BOB THEIR HEAD TO THE BEAT, BUT DIFFERENT GROUPS WANTED TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE, OR JUST SMOKE A BLUNT AND THINK THEY HAD A 64' IMPALA. ALL HIP-HOP? I DON'Y CARE CAUSE I COLLECTED TONS OF RAP TAPES FROM EVERY TYPE AND DIDN'T LIMIT MYSELF.

BACK IN THE EARLY 80's I REMEMBER HAVING 1 BIKE YOU TOOK OFF ROAD AND IT WAS THE SAME DAMN BIKE YOU RODE YOUR BACKYARD HALFPIPE WITH, AND THEN RIDING IT UP TO 7-11 TO SHOW OFF YOUR LATEST NO-FOOTED CURB ENDOS.

THE ONLY REAL SEPERATION WAS THE "RACERS" AND THE FREESTYLE/JUMPERS.

WASTE OF TIME FAGGING IT ALL UP AND STICKING TO 1 STYLE.

BUT THIS NEW "GEAR" HAVING CERTAIN COMPONENTS TO DO THE SAME JOB IS MUCH DIFFERENT.

I REMEMBER (Here we go again!) WHEN ONE OF THE VERY FIRST REAL FREESTYLE TRICKS CAME OUT, IT WAS CALLED THE "ROCK-WALK" AND YOU BASICALLY ENGAGED THE FRONT BRAKE, DID A 180' AND LIFTED THE FRONT UP AND THREW DOWN ANOTHER 180 AND KEPT RIDING. I ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO USE MY FRONT BRAKES ONE TIME AND STILL PULLED THE MOVE BY TURNING MY FRONT WHEEL MORE THAN USUAL.

THERE IS SOMETHING TO ROCKING NO BRAKES I MUST ADMIT.

SO MANY RULES TO GO BY LOL!

My son at Ray's MTB today .

Trek Trail , first time he rode the 87' Schwinn Predator .

Beginner Room , where we both warm-up before hitting up the other rooms .

The Blonde MILF @ :35 in the last clip was unreal , and had everyone checking her fine ass and huge tits out . :lol: