HOW TO REMOVE A GHOST ATTACHMENT FROM YOUR POST.

earl broclo ESQ

After the database crashed, posts started getting "edited" by other people, or attachments added in. The ghost edits are nothing to worry about. Nobody is editing your posts (except for mods). But you can fix the ghost attachments.

All you have to do is click EDIT, and when the edit screen comes up, click on the arrow to the right of the paperclip attach.gif. That will trigger a drop down menu showing the file name and a MANAGE ATTACHMENTS tab. Click on the manage attachments tab, and the file will show up in a list when the window pops up. Click REMOVE and it will remove the file.

I've noticed all sorts of stupid shit getting added to people's posts. This should help you manage it yourself.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm not really the computer minded guy to ask technical questions, I have no idea how this interweb shit works. It seems like the malfunction is just the servers placing attachments, as if it's trying to fix itself. I don't really know how to explain it, but maybe it is tricking itself into thinking the attachment belongs to that post, as if it's the original post. I could be 100% wrong on this though.

As for the edit button not being there? That's news to me. I've never seen the help bars disappear. If it happens again, hit refresh and see if it returns. If it doesn't, let us know and we can look into it.

If anyone ever gets an attachment, and can't remove it, feel free to send me a PM with a link to the thread page and your post number. I'll take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get ghost attachments only when I post from my phone and I can't even upload pics on here. I go to edit it after I see there's a pic on my post and it only shows that I have text in my post and no pics. I've tryd signing out then back in but still happens. any idea how to fix that, besides just not posting from my phone?

• 2 weeks later...
I get ghost attachments only when I post from my phone and I can't even upload pics on here. I go to edit it after I see there's a pic on my post and it only shows that I have text in my post and no pics. I've tryd signing out then back in but still happens. any idea how to fix that, besides just not posting from my phone?

Read my original post. It should explain in detail how to delete the attachments if you catch them in time. I don't know if you can from your phone or not though, so that might be the problem. If you notice it and don't get to it in time because of your phone, hit me up with a PM that has the link to the thread page and post #. I'll take care of it for you.

dose anyone have any idea where these ghost images come form, they seem pritty random at times, do the come from your computer or are they actually completely random? tnx

I have a feeling it's just a confused computer thing. It seems as if the new posts are matching up with some kind of placement of an old post, and the computer is confused so it's attaching the photo from the old post to the new post.

Does that make any sense?

It's not from your computer, and rarely has any significance. I've seen San Diego shit pop up in the NYC thread, or even stuff from brickslayers popping up in Ch.0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...