Asleep At The Wheel

Smart

Have You Fallen Asleep While Driving?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i haven't yet, come very close though

i have a friend who did, woke up last second and swerved back too hard to correct it but his back end clipped a tree

messed up a passenger rear panel and tail light.. could have been so much worse

I've fallen asleep twice in the last two weeks.

Because I work the graveyard shift and now

have to go between two sites. Usually the day

I do this is Monday since I am coming back from

my weekend and haven’t had any sleep.

Luckily I am getting off this shift this week

and will be working normal hours/no more commutes.

I am so happy I get to be awake and asleep at normal hours.

It feels wierd to be on the passenger side. If I head out somewhere I nearly always have to take my own car.

So anyway, I dosed off pretty hard from after an all nighter coming back from a town about an hour away. Woke up to my car a few inches away from the median. Rolled down the windows and struggled to stay the fuck awake.

i fell asleep at a red light once.

just knowing i fell asleep at a red light was scary enough.

fuck dat yo.

I remember back in the day the cops unloaded their clips into this nigga named Dante Dawson for crunkin out at a light.

They told him to raise his hands, but he was dipped out and didn't hear them.

So they used his head as target practice.

And said that he "made a sudden movement, and they were scared for their lives".

And of course they got let off and got to keep their jobs, as usual.

RIP Dante Dawson.

One time I fell asleep while driving...

My friends n I had just pulled an all nighter and drove about 40 miles the next day for my friends birthday party. I drove there and back. On the way back I remember dozing off..

Then waking up after just passing a semi.

/goodatsleepdrivingoner

I have once or twice nodded out at the wheel, not in a while though.

I used to work with a dude who told me that back in the day driving south on I5 from Bellingham to Seattle he would put his car in the middle lane with turtles on both sides and take a nap while cruising and that when his car drifted the vibration from the road turtles would wake him up and he would line back up and go back to sleep. This was in the 60's when there was a turn lane I guess. That is some crazy shit, dude was surprised when I said that such behavior was nuts.

one night after leaving a friends house at 630am i decided to go for a cruise, almost passed out and crashed going through a tunnel, luckily there was no one else out so i was able to swerve back.

also fell asleep at the wheel coming back from montreal at 330am, i probably hit the rumble strip 4 times before i finally pulled into a rest stop and slept for 45 minutes and continued on my way.