My car is totaled and need something new.

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get the s40 AWD t5 but in a wagon. I had a Focus ST which had the same engine but was front wheel drive and that engine is awesome. With just a ecu tune you can get 270bhp and around 300 with intake, exhaust and intercooler. I was running just shy of 300hp and my fuel economy was running at 7.5litre/100kms on the highway :).

Im currently driving a MKV R32 golf and am selling to buy a MKVI GTD. The GTI is awesome in stock form but after my FOCUS ST front wheel drive really shouldnt be pushed over 290hp, unless you have a lsd + suspension setup which will be pricey. So I cant see the point of buying a gti when the 127kw diesel is so much more fuel efficient/cheaper to run, + in stock form it feels just as fast.

My friend totalled his car too and picked up a 2006 B7 Audi A4.

Sick car and think it was in lower 20ks. Anyway, dont rule out gently used Euros such as Benzos, BWMs and what not.

3608645781_6f7c5d275c.jpg

this is a good car.

you will be happy with a german car

I think it's fair to say Audis and BMW's are, for better or worse, out of your price range. Even that A3 will run you closer to 40 after tax and options. I totally forgot about that GTI. Those things are fast as fuck and cheap to tune up. For the money you can't go wrong.

Of course buying used is a totally different animal. For 30k, the world is your oyster. You can get a 4 year old 4.4l X5 with 25k miles for 24,000. Thats money left over for tint and rims. And streetglow. And a monkey.

For a car to be pronounced as totaled by the insurance company, The cost of repair and the salvage value combined would have to exceed the current value of the car.

It's totally reasonable to pronounce his car to be totalled.

As for suggested cars,

I would strongly suggest to get a european or asian car.

Reason for this is that 86% of cars break down within 2 years of warranty expiry.

This study was done based on american cars therefore my recommendation.

Good luck in your car search. (:

Guest Ginger Bread Man

get a nice bmw or a mercedes.

you can get a nice 540 with that money and have total comfort and performance as well.

or a c320 mercedes will do the same thing.

volvos are nice, performance is awesome as well as comfort and safety. had you been driving one you probably wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place.

.........When America builds a car worth buying.

yeah good point. but I'd still settle for a lesser quality car if it means keeping my neighbors with a job. I know it sounds fucked up to some of you. but id do it. especially if everyone that buys one demands a model that has the most american-made parts on it. within a couple years of everyone doing that, our economy would be in way better shape.

but go ahead with whats nice for you now, dont look at the big picture for your kids sakes, or any of your family. sheeple.

oh i'm mad cause you scion on me.