My car is totaled and need something new.

DETO

Some of you may know that last Saturday i was involved in an auto accident, I was coming up to an intersection heading east and these 6 illegals heading west made an illegal left turn right in front of me and I slammed on my breaks and t-boned the fuckers. They didn't have insurance or registered their piece of shit car since 01. Today my insurance adjuster called to let me know that my car was deemed a total loss. I have till friday to return my rental, so i'm going to spend the next couple of days test driving vehicles and see what i like. What do you guys drive? have any suggestions on what not to get. So far here are a few of the cars that i'm leaning towards.

VOLVO%5CS40%5C2009%5C4SA614.jpg

2009 Volvo S40 T5 AWD R-Design

(in white, every car i have ever owned has been black, and i'm thinking about switching it up, just tint the windows and get black rims)

JK11.jpg

and here are some pictures of my car.

scion1.jpg

scion2.jpg

scion3.jpg

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the hood of your car isn't even bent up in the slightest. How the fuck is that a total loss? does scion put the engine in the lower front end of the bumper or am i missing some essential piece of info like 5 of the people in the car slid underneath your car and their bodies got tangled up in the engine somehow.

yeah, but before the xb i had a mustang and a civic, and kinda would like to go back to a "car" but the jeep would be fun as shit, and i think it looks bad ass. i'll be test driving them and some other vehicles over the next few days.

i suppose it depends on what ur looking for. the cars u have are kinda all over the place. like, do you want a family car or to go 4 wheeling?

imports suck balls when it comes to minor things breaking.

jeep will not be anywhere near as good on gas as ur scion was.

but like pistol said, i dont get how you go from a 15-20 thousand dollar car (and 20 is pushing it) to doubling that with a 30-40 thou volvo or rubicon?and thats base price man.

deets, are you parting that thing out?? let me know maybe we can work something out. i'd like a set of new rims but i want ones that are all black or gunmetal.

sucks that you totaled it!

that volvo is fresh though.

all i did to that car is the rims, and yes i am having them taken off. the rest of the car goes to the junk yard or auction or whatever in the fuck they do with them. hit me up gooch and i have some other rims and body kits for sale off my old honda too if anyone is interested.

yeah that jeep is bad ass. if i had the loot i would get one of them or an fj. actually, i miss my solara and would want one of those even, but i like having the extra room the xb has given me (compared to all of my coupes), so a bigger whip like a jeep or an fj would be ideal (for me). but yeah, you are looking good so far. best of luck!

i suppose it depends on what ur looking for. the cars u have are kinda all over the place. like, do you want a family car or to go 4 wheeling?

imports suck balls when it comes to minor things breaking.

jeep will not be anywhere near as good on gas as ur scion was.

but like pistol said, i dont get how you go from a 15-20 thousand dollar car (and 20 is pushing it) to doubling that with a 30-40 thou volvo or rubicon?and thats base price man.

I'm a couple of years older and have a better paying job. plus a pretty good down payment.

Deets what are you doing here? Paying in full? Car loan? How much money do you have from your insurance? How much money do you want to spend on a car? What are your needs and wants for a car?

it's gonna be a car loan, my insurance valued the car at $13,800 paid off what i owed on the xb (around 7k) and are cutting me a check for the rest. i'm looking at spending something in the low to mid 30's. and all my car needs are to get me from point a to point b and back again. actually, come to think of it, over the last 2 years or so, i have been using my car to travel out of town and state quite a bit, mainly for sporting events.

and i really need to test drive the jeep, they look a lot more modern than they used to be and i'm hoping that's the case comfort wise. many of my friends have had older jeeps and them shits are extremely uncomfortable. i couldn't imagine traveling anywhere in an older jeep.

I doubt a new wrangler is gonna give you much more comfort. They're just not setup for that kind of long distance road use. Volvos are good but I'd look at the Subaru Legacy and Impreza too. They're both reliable, fun to drive, good fuel economy and well under 30k. Volvos after options will throw you over 30 in no time.

291105aud.jpg

A3 S line - has style for miles and is an AWD turbo

d0013535_49911a6645f61.jpg

MKVI golf GTI - I don't need to say anything about this car test drive it and see for yourself

vw-jetta-tdi-sportwagon-6.jpg

Jetta Wagon TDI - kick ass mileage (unparalleled by anything else on the market, don't buy the hybrid hype) + style (obviously this is a customized car but it doesn't take anything more than you did to your xB to have it looking this good)

yeah, I'm an audi/VW fanboi but once you drive one you'll never want to drive anything else.

I've got 88,000 KM on my GTI loving every minute of them