how much oontz is TOO MUCH......

NeRVe54

So my girlfriend thinks anyone who has roughly over 500 posts or so doesn't live in real life and is afraid to live in reality, so instead live online and deal with fake cyber people instead.

Now while some of you really may live on the oontz... can a few of you with actual lives explain that you MAY have spoken with a real human, showed up for work or actually smelled a REAL FLOWER (for any of those of you interested in smelling flowers) Apparently this is the measure of sociability.

Any input welcome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of older cats on here who have responsibilities like kids and jobs use oontz as a bit of stress relief, I work full time have a son and wife and most my time is with them, if I go online I come here and nowhere else other than maybe ninjavideo.

i think people that take it all to seriously could maybe do with getting out a bit more!!

Also it depends on how long you have been a member, i would say if you have been a member for years and only have 500 posts then you probably aren't oontzing enough

i never posted on Oontz that much until the past couple years, im really sick..so i dont leave the house and shit. So i mean, i guess i dont really live in the real world..and to a degree i am afaid to leave..not because im afraid of people, nothing stikes more fear in me than being sick away from the house..its the worst feeling. I dunno, i smell the flowers and shit..im not disconnected from the world. Sometimes my day needs some fillers and laughs..so here i am..on the Oontz. Like it was said before too, i've also been a memeber for years..so post also just kind of add up after awhile. So thats my story, and im sticking to it!

My girl thinks that you are the prime example of what she's talking about. You allegedly can't get a girlfriend. Jerk off online all day. And she wants to know when was the last time you had sex with a real person.

This is great...

Shes doing the math and claims you post at LEAST 6 times a day... not enough time for a social life. She really has the oontz figured out lol.

oh but if you want a serious reply, i mean, if your girl wants a serious reply.

i had sex on friday night.

i am an active artist.

i work full time.

i go to school full time.

i maintain a 4.0 GPA

i ride a bicycle at least 10 miles a day

so i think that clears me from your girlfriends generalization. considering she doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground anyways, i am now left to question why i even cared enough to reply.

So my girlfriend thinks anyone who has roughly over 500 posts or so doesn't live in real life and is afraid to live in reality, so instead live online and deal with fake cyber people instead.

Now while some of you really may live on the oontz... can a few of you with actual lives explain that you MAY have spoken with a real human, showed up for work or actually smelled a REAL FLOWER (for any of those of you interested in smelling flowers) Apparently this is the measure of sociability.

Any input welcome.

if someone just registered 2 months ago, yeah maybe that would be the case. i mean, i'm not gonna front, i come on here a lot, sometimes more, sometimes less.

i mean, if you sit at a computer doing work, either at home or at a job, this site is a good way to break up the monotony. not only that, a lot of people these days have their fancy phones with internet access and are able to take things on the road. i mean, it's no better than twittering. OK, it is but it's sort of the same concept.

but overall, especially within the last 10 years, it seems that society has been geared more towards interaction via electronic devices, for example: gaming, social networking, online dating sites (i mean come on that shit is retarded, like that eharmony shit), business, etc... the internet and all technology revolving around it, including game consols, have made the world a lot smaller. that being said it has changed the way people work, communicate, play and socialize. is it healthy, is it good?? probably not. i'm sure people were saying the same shit when television really blew up and then cable, etc...

i'd like to think that most people on here have fairly balanced lives. but then again, i don't really care who does and who doesn't. i mean, when you start to care about shit like that you are getting too consumed with the internet in general. like when you are twittering and updating your facebook status to let people know you are sad (or whatever else), when you are posing specifically for facebook or myspace profile pictures, and so on...

there's a lot more to it than your girl's simplistic rationalization of it. sure, her observation is applicable to a small fraction of the people out there and and not just 12ozers.

Question.

Is the internet Free? No, it costs money.

How do you pay for internet?, with money and having a job.

I dont understand by "those" people with no life. The only ones that qualify are the ones that are young age and still live with their peps.

On another note, there are thread that contribute to go out and do things and come back here and post, like the "Your day In Pics", and a few others.

casek never posts anymore really, how/why is he the subject of jokes here? what about these clowns that get 2000+ posts in a matter of a month (ssgg), and furthermore, casek posts useful shit. i wish i could say that about most anyone here. i think the content of your posts directly says what type of person you are. dr.dose, you shit talk and probably have no friends for it. casek obviously is technical. chupa likes music, hates people. and honestly, i can't tell shit from like more than half of the people that post here other than 'i work a job that i fucking hate, and i'm on this all goddamn day'.

and fuck. i mean would your girlfriend rather we'd be on facebook posting status updates nobody cares about, or actually interacting with people. I WANT CREDENTIALS! WHERE'S HER COLLEGE DIPLOMA AND DEGREE IN NUCLEAR BIONICS.

oh but if you want a serious reply, i mean, if your girl wants a serious reply.

i had sex on friday night.

i am an active artist.

i work full time.

i go to school full time.

i maintain a 4.0 GPA

i ride a bicycle at least 10 miles a day

so i think that clears me from your girlfriends generalization. considering she doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground anyways, i am now left to question why i even cared enough to reply.

YO SON

MY NIGGA AIDS HERE JUST FUCKING OWNED YOUR WEAK ASS LADY FRIEND

YOU BETTER GO NEGAPROP YOUR GF RIGHT NOW FOOL

• Like 1

has she peeped the dao photoshop appreciation thread?

if she's seen that shit and she's still hating then you probably need to falcon punch while telling her to hit the fuckin bricks

LOL

post count vs how much you actually post on here is a useless argument too.

sure, i have a 4.43 post per day average, but thats only due to how many days i've been a member divided by how many posts i have. doesn't mean shit. unless you are one of the morons like SSGG like people have mentioned that rack up 1000 posts in a month.

but yeah, the average isn't a fair say in how much you are on here. i was literally absent from this site for 4 months during school, but my post rate only slipped like 1 or 2 posts probably.

somedays i post nothing, somedays i am on here all day talking. but those are also typically days where i am at MY JOB. haha.

for real though, your girl sounds kinda dumb. LOL and co-sign with whoever said would it be better if we were on facebook? your girl is probably bitching at you while she is on facebook posting a status update that says "my boyfriend sucks, he spends all his time on dumb websites"

OMGWUT.

fuck you. but not really.

She's not a dumb girl at all. She just talks shit on things quicker than she thinks through what it is she's saying... So needless to say her argument completely evolves into a new creature every 3 minutes.

Originally it was anyone on here is a loser with no life.. then "the people on Channel Zero".. then "if you had so many posts in a certain time".. then "TV is the same but you hate that".. then..

well, you get the point.