What should i get a really good laptop or a macbook pro???

HardyBucks

Basically ive had what i thought was a really good dell laptop since christmas,

but its started acting up on me during gigs (freezing,bluescreening and randomly knocking off) and the sound is really bad coming through it,

just wondering for anyone who knows alot about laptops should i invest in a really good laptop or in a macbook pro?

money isnt really an option because im taking a loan out to get some new equipment because i have alot of big gigs coming up.

Looking for something that wont crash when using to run traktor scratch pro with cdjs or with a midi controller and something with a good audio engine,

all the pros use macbooks but was just wondering what you guys thought.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The mac vs pc argument is painful and played out, but i still stand by my opinion that for pro audio/video work, macs are superior, and the vast majority of people working in these fields would agree.

Are macs more pricey than most pc laptops? yes. Can they do a lot more in terms of video/audio straight out of the box without spending more money on upgrades? yes.

I'm sure kimjungilla can give you the most info since he has done pro video/audio shit for ages.