stop meds

abcs

Yeah, like I said I don't get a whole lot out of benzos. I have to take quite a few (ten or so) before I get "high" and it's not really like being high. Just placid, but 99% of the time I'm not stressed out so bad that I need that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Go get some therapy. You sound like one of those people who gets on meds and then because the meds work, they assume they don't need to work out the issues at hand and instead can just self medicate for the rest of their lives. If you seriously want to get off of xanax, start tapering down off of it and talk to your doctor about getting put on a non benzo anti anxiety med (most likely a daily med) while you start seeing a therapist/psychiatrist and working on your anxiety problems.

Obviously if you've been eating a shit load of sticks every day for a long period of time, you're going to be anxious and feeling sketchy and nervous when you go off them. Also, your doctor sounds like a fucking idiot for prescribing you such a high dose, because if i remember correctly in some other thread you mentioned that you're prescribed like 6 or 8 sticks a day. Go get a new doctor who isn't a fucking malpracticing retard.

^^^^ agreed 100% w/ shai

i think if i were that pissed off that i needed a benny, i'd feel much more relieved by just shottin off a couple loads... maybe thats just me. i hate how it steals your emotions. like my room could be on fire and i would have no reaction. pfft... not for me brah

Shai as I am guessing you already know pharmies do not produce the same effect upon all takers. For me to cop a buzz from valium I used to take 160mg or so, from xanax 10 would do me just fine. Rohipinal sp was the choice for me, do they even make that shit anymore?

Something else I forgot to mention was that there's a lot of information on the web about contraindications when benzos and SSRIs are prescribed to people at the same time. The sad thing is that for whatever reason, it seems that this is still a common regimen...I'm no doctor, but you might want to do a little reading into this and see if what's been put out there applies to you.

1778721388_MyPictures152.jpg.6e3b2793bb7c1a494a359fb02962008f.jpg

1370928623_MyPictures153.jpg.2609f1ba05c0307b61041d1a0464ba07.jpg

1984953577_MyPictures154.jpg.c307ac4d1544cc989b822fe3d3ae3ef9.jpg

548646522_MyPictures155.jpg.cf3c8db78e14426f42b1765d0905fbcf.jpg

1227987079_MyPictures156.jpg.2bbbe7577384ae1b2bf2c4577a80fad4.jpg

275617495_MyPictures157.jpg.9723b34ed426ef15e15f145acdc3dc46.jpg

485224033_MyPictures158.jpg.6f72657f123897dc6772731ff7463c2e.jpg

437413372_MyPictures159.jpg.1f2cb78c422096518c70b31cf680719b.jpg

323349332_MyPictures160.jpg.db06fa6568bb8e6c50dbbca4360ff5bc.jpg

1866047507_MyPictures161.jpg.64ef1268b8e25f52279f92df5b39e137.jpg

A friend is going through the same shit. I didnt know he was eating all kinds of bars, but he ran out. He had a seizure in a wal mart. Was in a hospital for 3 days etc. Doctor somehow got his license suspended. And he's about to lose a great fucking job over it.

Shit sucks. Im on day 14 from pk's and dont think i slept more than 3 hours each night. But taper, dog. Thats what worked for me. Your going to feel like complete SHIT. But it'll go away sooner or later. And put them bars somewhere you cant get your hands on. Xanax never did anything but make me sleep 12+ hours. Glad i never got to into that. There always around and super cheap.

And whoever invented suboxone should get some type of Award. Shit is a lifesaver.

This is kind of what Zoloft felt like-

stimpy_1.jpg

If that's your thing, have at it.

As far as all the kind words directed my way, thanks, but the best thing to do is get a second opinion/new doctor. I had to find out the hard way that when a doctor is willing to prescribe anything you want and more of it that you will ever need with endless refills, they are not doing you a favor. I still have an opiate tolerance that won't quit (I can take up to 250 mg of morphine in a day and still somewhat function)...and recently my back problem has been acting up. Needless to say I'm a little nervous about that.

The best thing that happened to me with my back injury was trying out alternative medicine. I went to an osteopath and an acupuncturist and within three months 90% of my pain was gone. I was then able to manage the rest of it with significantly less medication.

As far as mental health issues go, there's a lot of therapists and MFCCs that feel the same way about modern medicine's approach to depression and anxiety (i.e. it's a dangerous scam). I had a great counselor for many years who helped me deal with my shit, and she was 100% against her clients taking antidepressants except in extreme cases. Of course I'd get bummed out from time to time for no reason like I always had, but I learned how to cope with it a little better...with regards to anxiety, I can tell the difference between a panic attack and a response to stress now and that has helped immensely.

I'm not saying that psych drugs are bad, in some cases they're necessary. For many people I don't think they're the right option, which is sad because they might just be depressed or stressed out for a good reason and instead of dealing with the problem they go to a doctor to medicate themselves and pretend like everything is okay after that. Confronting your issues/troubles/fears/stress is never easy, but it's way harder to do after you let it go in a haze for ten years.

What it comes down to is that most of us live in a pretty crazy, stressed out world so feeling a little crazy and stressed out sometimes is actually a pretty normal response. When someone tells you that all you have to do is take a pill and it will make everything better, do not hesitate to run the other way while keeping a hand on your wallet. If they tell you that you are going to have to try a few different kinds of treatment to see which one works the best for you and that in the meantime you should learn how to relax on your own, then you're probably in good hands.

abcs, you REALLY need to go look into some alternatives. Try to get down to whatever your recommended dosage on the meds for the time being, and when you find a doc or therapist you think you can trust tell them everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, all of the gory details). They can't help you unless you're 100% up front about your history and current medical status, but once they have a clearer picture to work with then they can decide what might work for you.

Good luck.

I've been thorugh this just wait it out and find a better doctor who is more liberal with prescribing benzos.

His doctor is TOO liberal with prescribing them. Dude has stated before that hes prescribed some ridiculous amount like 16mg a day.

benzos improve the quality of life for so many people its just when retards abuse them and fuck it up for the people who need it.

Yes, but if you read the thread you'd see that he is clearly abusing them, and very heavily at that. If you put someone who didn't even have anxiety on that high of a benzo dosage for a long period of time, they'd also be anxious/sketchy/whathaveyou when they started coming off of it. So basically, hes just compounded his anxiety problem even further through his abuse.

that is a really ignornant statement. benzos improve the quality of life for so many people its just when retards abuse them and fuck it up for the people who need it.

Wait, didn't you used to do heroin? I could just as easily say "Opiates improve the quality of life for people in pain, but junkies have made the shit damn near impossible to get." It doesn't matter what drug you're talking about...when you get into issues of self-medication/abuse with any controlled substance it gets complicated.

I talked with a couple friends of mine who are on benzos tonight and neither of them like Xanax because of the withdrawal aspect. I don't know why doctors prescribe this shit so carelessly when there's so much potential for abuse with it.

^^ its generally not a good idea for someone that needs antipsychotics to be smoking weed.

is suboxone prescribed for anxiety in the states? someone mentioned it in this thread and ive only ever heard of it being used for recovering opiate addicts. it seems crazy to prescribe an opioid for anxiety.