The New Orleans thread.....

DocOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This guy seems chill haha

"So if at jerk spray paints a stucco building (so we aren't too concerned about all the raw brick in the city), we, the people, are supposed to foot the bill for that yahoo in jail for a year.

I'm very much against graffiti, but Lafonta seems pretty fascistic on this one (which is not really new). Give the spraypainting jerk a month of community service washing sidewalks, not a felony conviction. This "law" will never be enforced, and when it is, it will destroy peoples lives and create hardened criminals out of jerks.

Bad, Bad, Bad, stupid idea. We need to get the fines and sentences into perspective. There's a $1000 fine for littering on Esplanade and the jerky kids from Clark High School constantly throw garbage in my yard (and, no, I do not mean to say all kids form Clark are jerks- but the ones who can't put garbage in a garbage can probably are). I'd like it to stop, but I thank God that the police are not sitting around ruining these kids lives with fines too large for the office of dropping a soda can on the sidewalk.

We need to stop being a society of unjust, extreme punishments which cannot afford its own rules. Mr. LaFonta, we don't need to cut off the hands of every petty thief. We should all be working towards a better, more compassionate society."

ANYONE who lives downtown and has tattoos and rides a bike is a gutterpunk and does graffiti. Riiiiight.

They did get one thing right though, albeit accidentally. It probably is drunk bums and washed-up toys writing on obviously historic buildings.

If there are property laws allowing people to seize others' property if it's not properly taken care of, then fuck by all means it should be legal to paint everything dilapidated...historic or not.