Show us your......................................Harvest!

absolute.despair

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hot today so i thought it would be fun to bbq something for lunch, I gathered some veggies from my garden....

1-2.jpg

I hacked away for a few minutes, made a marinade consisting of tahini, olive oil, garden parsley, garden green onion and salt. I let it marinade for about ten minutes then got it ready for the grill...

2-3.jpg

Grilled that shit till nice and tender, put that shit in a piece of flatbread and drizzled a little tahini sauce over...

3-2.jpg

I fucked that sandwich up!

Im stoked, everything in that meal came from my garden except for the bread, tahini sauce, oil and salt. :mexican:

cool thread, once i set my garden up i want to grow Beef tomatoes, Cilantro, Basil, Mint, and Onions. i have a orange, lemon, and pear tree in the backyard, but theres way too many to eat so i usually end up using them for baseball swinging practice.

Speaking of harvest though, soon i choppity chop chop some of this.

july12th003.jpg

• Like 1

where IM living now my brother and I turned an old pond into an awesome spot to grow veges. The ground is amazing and probably choked full of nutrients. We just havent got around to growing anything yet. ANything grown in your local is better for you over all. Cant wait cause I love peppers and yet theyre so darn expensive in the stores...the green ones arent but I cant stand the green ones.

Ima grow me ona dees

fdsfsa.jpg

• Like 1

Can you grow weed with this? just wondering... :huh:

you probably can but i dont recommend it. most of the time you need good drainage because if your going hydro you need to flood, drain, flood, drain, etc etc. an upside down setup would just dump all the used nutrient solution all over the plants and create high humidity.

even for soil, i like to see run off, so dirt/hydroton/etc need to be on the bottom, preferably in a flood tray.

absolute im loving your garden. how long do those big ass onions take to grow? man i love those big yellow onions, sauteed in some oil you can literally put it on ANYTHING. with BBQ burgers and hotdogs are the best. im tired of buying veggies at the store, it comes out to like 5-10 bucks everytime i grab a few onions, a head of lettuce, tomatos, apricots, etc. plus im always paranod of all the pesticides and dirty guatamalan hands that touched my food.

Pulled some stuff this morning before heading out of town for 2 weeks. The family's going to get a pile of carrots just so they don't go to waste...

3755557869_f37a491732.jpg

3755557977_0e1363d0c1.jpg

Surprise garlic: shot up in May or so out of the old composting spot. We let it go for shits and giggles and this is what popped up. More garlic getting planted in the fall for sure. And those are 3 of the already dozen zucchini that have shown up. Aug. 8 is "Sneak some zucchini onto your neighbor's porch day"... fuckers are prolific.

So like I said Ive been thinking about it and this thread pushed me to just throw something together. Was going to start with seeds but.....these seemed to look nice for starters.

bottom to top: Cherry Tomatoes, Tomatoes on the Vine or what ever, orange, yellow, and red pepper plants.

1c69e3c498d7.jpg

Figured I gave em enough space and everyone Ive spoken to says that tomatoes and peppers do good in the same vicinity. Im excited over all and it was an awesome day to spend a day off.

thats awesome, i got a bunch of peppers surrounding my tomatos and they both are doing great. be sure to cage your tomato plants or they will completely take that over.

I just clipped some beans and will be cooking them up a little later, ill post a flic of the dish.

** amongst many green bean lookin beans I came across a couple snap pea lookin pods, it was quite bizarre considering i didnt plant them....:confused:

dscf1994m.jpg

dscf2145n.jpg

White, orange, orange/red, and purple tomatoes.

dscf2147u.jpg

$$ money plant $$

dscf2148.jpg

purple thai basil very spicy and is definitely awesome

regular basil, oregano, and pyretheum used for organic bug spray

dscf2149g.jpg

yellow zuccini, i had to use a q tip and attempt to pregnante the flower because there are no bees

it was kinda kinky

dscf2150.jpg

white eggplant, bambino eggplant and a bunch of peppers.

• Like 1

see the similarities?

garden001.jpg

my tattoo is really a lotus, im about to put some green and purples into it and a stem.

theres a micro mini artichoke just below that one to the right its hard to make out tho

the only purple bell to grow from this plant, its getting big though

garden003.jpg

that parsley is takin over

crazy fucking yellow tomatos are gonna make awesome salsa

garden004.jpg

theres at least 25 on that plant this one is the most mature. theres that parsley again

i have six anaheim pepper plants that are finally producing

garden005.jpg

there is an awesome row of green onions to the right

the beefsteak tomatos are coming up everywhere in this massive 6ft tall plant

garden006.jpg

• Like 1

absolute.despair your garden kicks ass im impressed, proppers

i love the purple bell, never seen one before

word, thank you its my first in ground garden. ya i never seen them before either. Im nervous about it going bad before i pull it, im hoping it gets bigger and ima cook up some stuffed pepper halves with it.

Fiendish got some nice pepper plants comming up

:lol: at the size comparison. how was the flavor of the big one? i hear they lose a lot when they get that big.

i quit watering my yellow squash plant like a month ago cause they all just kept rotting away, today i glanced over at it (on the other side of the yard from everything else) and saw the one i just harvested wtf? i thought the plant would have been dead by now. theres a bunch more mini ones growing also, maybe i was watering them to much :confused: