I'm listening to my new danzig double live cd set and you fucking butt plugs are not!

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

eh, not to fond of danzig or any of his various groups.

i saw this band bleeding through last nite, second time seeing them, anyway, they covered "mother" and all i could do was laugh.

-xxx303

you laughed cause that song was gay. glen knew it was gay. he used it as a tool to get all the fucking homos to listen to his shit, then he could enlist them into the army of darkness... dude knows his shit man... this aint no magic the gathering...

Guest fuck all

danzig (the group) is for stupid motherfuckers who couldn't accept the reality that one of the greatest line-ups ever in any punk rock band broke up, so glen decided to check in and cash in, at the same time.

to hell with all that garbage, anyways. it's so early-ninties.

your crazy. although it doesnt have the same soul as Samhain or the naive brutality of the Misfits... Danzig is fuckin Danzig. Personally it took me a minute to accept the metalish overtones, but the guys got a phenomonal voice and a presence second to none. Plus, last I heard Errie Von was still basist so you've got one half of Samhain there anyhow, not mentioning Errie was also around for much of the latter part of the Misfits as a groupie and roadie so you have that as a clear influence even without Danzig as front man.

I agree it'll never exactly be the same as Samhain or Misfits, but keep in mind homeboy is also pushing 40 years old and not the 'dont give a fuck' devil locked ghoul from his heyday.

i saw danzig back in '93. it was amazing. those first two albums were clearly in their own category. i mean, it had metal influences, but wasn't exactly metal. it was deep stuff. incidently, i saw the misfits play a few years later (minus danzig) and i just wasn't feeling it. i hung out with them after the show and the next day, and anytime someone asked them about glen, the band had like a million inside jokes to make fun of the guy, basically they said he was a prick.

he's more of a stump than a prick, but thats totally beside the point. the fake misfits are just pissed cause danzig still has the touring budget to have a giant fiberglass goat skull on his stage with glowing red eyes and they have to settle for enough hair gel to give them devil locks. youd be pissed too.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

id also like to point out that the first two danzig albums have been outlawed in 12 southern states, cause people keep winding up dead of 'mysterious' causes... thats the power of a short stocky guy with a napolien complex...

shit i need to get up on this! die die my darling...

seeking=metal enlightenment

you wouldnt say that if you were here right now, nearly getting your fucking socks rocked clean off your feet by the live, thundering double bass hurricane that they labled as track 4. "killer wolf'.... so deadly, yet so beautiful...

hahahahahahahaha....oh shit thats funny

he's more of a stump than a prick, but thats totally beside the point. the fake misfits are just pissed cause danzig still has the touring budget to have a giant fiberglass goat skull on his stage with glowing red eyes and they have to settle for enough hair gel to give them devil locks. youd be pissed too.

hahahaha. not to mention they're going bald so they're devil locks are extreme cases of Combover. i also forgot to mention that danzig had a whole buncha hoes lined up back stage that were topless and had black tape over their nipples. mmmmm, evil sluts.

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by Misteraven

.I agree it'll never exactly be the same as Samhain or Misfits, but keep in mind homeboy is also pushing 40 years old and not the 'dont give a fuck' devil locked ghoul from his heyday.

closer to mid 50's, hes was in his mid 20's with the misfits.. and that was late 70's early 80's.

Archived