Manhattan teenager arrested in Starbucks bombing

delonemonkey

Lol i know this kid, he goes to my former high school. FBI are probably going to come after me now for thinking i am in his "project mayhem"but i had to post this. You guys remember those star bucks and times square bombings? Where someone rode by and dropped off a little bomb? I dont want to blow up his spot like this but the news already did a great job of that, check out the article. It was on tv as well.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A 17-year-old mimicking Brad Pitt's "Fight Club" character, who plans attacks on corporate America, was arrested for masterminding a pre-dawn blast outside a Starbucks Coffee shop, police said Wednesday.

Kyle Shaw was arrested Tuesday night on charges of arson, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal mischief, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

He was awaiting arraignment Wednesday and it wasn't clear whether he had an attorney. A message left at his home was not immediately returned.

The May 25 explosion near the Guggenheim museum on the Upper East Side shattered the store's windows but caused no injuries, and police do not believe it is related to other explosions around the city in the past four years: at the British consulate in May 2005, the Mexican consulate in October 2007 and the Times Square military recruiting station in March 2008.

Kelly said Shaw was trying to emulate the character named Tyler Durden from the 1999 film about a spineless pencil pusher, played by Ed Norton, who takes up with the dangerous yet manly Durden. The two take part in a secret "fight club," where men beat one another to a pulp in an attempt to feel more alive.

Shaw formed his own fight club in which boys beat one another in various locales around the city including Central Park, Kelly said. At least one member got a broken nose, he said.

The second, more dastardly plot hatched by Pitt's character in the film was called "project mayhem" and included escalating attacks on symbols of corporate America. Durden doesn't succeed in the movie.

Shaw apparently told at least one friend to "watch the news over Memorial Day" -- a federal holiday at the end of May -- because he was about to launch his own version of "project mayhem," Kelly said. Investigators are looking into whether more people might have been involved.

And last, the pic they included in the article

amd_kyle_shaw.jpg

When i heard it was him that did this i didnt think they were serious, i always suspected him for being full of shit when it came up, but he actually got bagged for it. Crazy. Too bad he is probably going to get some time.

Theres a ton of articles and shit about this already.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/07/15/2009-07-15_manhattan_teenager_arrested_in_memorial_day_starbucks_bombing.html

http://newsbizarre.com/2009/07/kyle-shaw-manhattan-teen-influeced-by.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Did the bitch even see the movie?

Kelly said Shaw was trying to emulate the character named Tyler Durden from the 1999 film about a spineless pencil pusher, played by Ed Norton, who takes up with the dangerous yet manly Durden. The two take part in a secret "fight club," where men beat one another to a pulp in an attempt to feel more alive.

--- There was only one person.

The second, more dastardly plot hatched by Pitt's character in the film was called "project mayhem" and included escalating attacks on symbols of corporate America. Durden doesn't succeed in the movie.

--- The fuck he didn't, he spread that shit across America then blows up the Credit Credit Card Companies' headquarters, all to the delightful Pixies tune of "Where Is My Mind".

;)