THE TRAVEL ADVICE SUPER-DUPER THREAD

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not really sure this is the place to decide that. I haven't been to Brazil yet but it's pretty common knowledge they have a vibrant graffiti culture.

Painting in general in less developed countries, I'd advise doing two things.

1) Form appropriate contacts (I'll leave it up to your common sense to understand what appropriate means)

2) Keep a reserve of money incase you find yourself in trouble.

Enjoy brazil! Smile and say obrigado, I'm sure you'll make fast friends.

^ hah

actually, no offence. But I realised later from your post you might not have all that much common sense.

When I said form appropriate contacts, I basically meant this kid

city_of_god.jpg

Really though Brazil looks great. Enjoy yourself.

My friend stayed in Brazil for a year, but he doesn't paint.

I would just say be super careful there wherever you go, my mom's

coworker's father was shot in the head sitting at a red light

by the car next to him and robbed. If you're white or dressed

somewhat nice(even casual) they just assume you have money

To be honest. I've found that cliche of packing everything you think you need, then throwing out half to be perfectly true. Packing lighter frees you up to do more interesting things. I've never taken a blanket or pillow travelling.

Ear plugs though...are a must.

I spent a few weeks on the island of Skyros in Greece, and I still daydream about it.

We had an apartment that cost 40 euro a night for two people. It was so close to the sea that you could throw a rock from the bed into the water. Every morning we would see a fisherman pulling in the fresh catch of the day that we'd be eating later.

All day, beach, eat seafood, and repeat. Damn I miss that place.

10331_137527584795_696124795_2443985_5079482_n.jpg

10331_137527614795_696124795_2443989_2557920_n.jpg

10331_137527589795_696124795_2443986_5488784_n.jpg

10331_137527579795_696124795_2443984_3477510_n.jpg

10331_137527569795_696124795_2443982_2349466_n.jpg

10331_137527544795_696124795_2443978_4474260_n.jpg

10331_137527459795_696124795_2443968_4675667_n.jpg

• Like 1

looks so good i cant wait to do egypt then greece but fuck thats a year or two off

^^

Same I plan on doing a eurotrip for two months once

im out of college, which isn't for a couple years...been saving

for awhile sp im pretty set on it. The homie has family

in poland, plus knows tons of others in multiple countries

so we are hoping to barely stay in hostels.

• 2 weeks later...

yup, bought the tickets

if anyone has must-see-places for any of the following destinations, or good places to eat for vegetarians, lemme know. we'll be in each city a day or two

Istanbul

Bucharest

Budapest

Munich

Vienna

Paris

London

(well, i won't need advice about london or paris..)

Hofbräu is Munich is a must!

May not be your cup o tea, may not even still be around but ever morning a free walking tour meets up in front of the Glockenspiel. ( http://www.newmunichtours.com/daily-tours/munich-free-tour.html) I highly recommend going on it. The guides are great and only work for tips so they have incentive to put on a great tour. Super informative if your in to history at all. (most of the major cities I visited had one of these tours from Sandeman). You'll see all the major things in the city in a couple hours.

Glockenspiel is kind of a let down but you should watch it go off just because you're there. The cathedral it's on however is amazing... Giant metal dragon sculpture scaling one of the walls. Metal statue of and angel slaying a demon in front. I dig that kinda shit.

If it's feasible, make a day trip from Munich to Füssen to see King Ludwigs Castle. You can take one train from Munich central right to Füssen then walk to the castle from there. Nice walk thru some woods. I did it in the morning and it was super foggy and awesome. Train ride takes you thru some of the Black Foreest if I remember which was also cool. The castle is the one that Walt Disney modeled the Disney castle after. This outing will take about a half day.

If I ever get around to finishing my photothread....Munich and Budapest will come around.

King Ludwigs castle was cool, I rented a car and drove from Munich. Stayed a night in Berwang, Austria and then drove back. Nice country side and fun to drive on the Autobahn.

If you go to Ludwigs castle, be sure to reserve tickets online. Depending on the time of day the line can be crazy and they only do a certain amount of tours a day.