THE TRAVEL ADVICE SUPER-DUPER THREAD

KILZ FILLZ

Advice for coming to Seattle.

If staying downtown, be sure to visit the Pike Place Market, and the water front.

But don't get too wrapped up hanging out down there.

Go further north and see all the different neighborhoods, they are fairly distinguishable.

Go to woodland skatepark for good drunken times/skate sessions if you are into that scene.

Make sure you visit Beth's Cafe on Aurora, they have some good fucking eats.

And PM me if looking for local bud.(nocop)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...
I'll be going to DC in January and in April.

ahh yes...

january is probably gonna be cold as fuck. dress accordingly.

april is hit-or-miss. not as bad as march though. bring a jacket but it'll probably be all over the place, you may be wearing shorts too.

any idea where you're staying? dc proper, or MD/VA?

and what do you like to do?

it was - 5 degrees here yesterday, so the cold won't be a problem.

especially since, if it is cold, i'll be inside some place drinking some brews to warm my belly.

i don't know where i'll be staying in january, but in april i'll be staying i'll be staying here:

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/

as far as what i like to do, i just like to riiiiiiiiiide it out.

it was - 5 degrees here yesterday, so the cold won't be a problem.

especially since, if it is cold, i'll be inside some place drinking some brews to warm my belly.

i don't know where i'll be staying in january, but in april i'll be staying i'll be staying here:

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/

as far as what i like to do, i just like to riiiiiiiiiide it out.

National harbor huh? Thats cool... it's kinda out-of-the-way, but that oughta be fun. the whole place is brand new, i dont really know whats down there.

Umm... let's see what else i can think of.

Caps games (hockey, durr) are a good time. Skip the Wizards- we suck. In April skip the Nationals too cause we're awful. Although if one of your teams is coming to dc and you want to watch them stomp ass, by all means go for it.

The metro is the subway, and it's pretty clean, reliable, all that shit. taxis are complicated- we used to have a "zone" system, and that was supposed to have changed some time ago, but there's probably a few holdouts still. if you're renting a car avoid 295 and 395 unless you have to, cause if you're not used to it you WILL get lost and end up in anacostia. you don't really want to end up in anacostia.

In terms of museums, the Hirshorn is a cool place. I like it a lot, and in January you can ice skate too, if that's your thing. I like the American history and the Holocaust museum too. The Spy Museum is a little pricey but it's cool.. and they also let you crawl around in an air duct like james bond, plus you et to figure out how you're getting spied on, ALL THE TIME.

In April, check out when the cherry blossoms are blooming. If they are, check 'em out; they're gorgeous, and it's super touristy, but it's kind of a big deal here. Buncha trees with pink flowers and shit. Bring your allergy meds.

The National Mall will be alright in April; it'll be cold as balls & windy (probably muddy) in january. The Lincoln memorial is cool, and behind it is a great view of the river.

Cool neighborhoods: adams morgan is fun, pretty safe. Georgetown is expensive and corny, but it has hipster stores, if that's your thing. U St. and 16th Street are fun & reasonably priced. If y'all hit any takeout places ask for mumbo sauce... just do it.

Eating places: ben's chili bowl is a big deal, local landmark. also survived the race riots. five guys is good. hmmm... busboys and poets on 14th street is alright too.

utrecht in the middle of the city sells german MTN, if that's your thing.

lemme know if any of that helps.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have seen that type of secret wallet fail before.

I carry something somewhat similar but keep the big stash of funds in my sock.

A P38 can opener, knife or multi tool, stash of duct tape wrapped around a pen, small flashlight, compass, condoms, and a note book are all good things to have. Cary a small bag, most of the time you can find what you need where you are going, no need to pack it all.

Always try and learn at least a little of the language, hello and thank you can go a long way.

• 2 months later...

ina couple weeks im gonna be doing the

vegas - hoover dam - grand canyon

roadtrip with my girl

what is there to see in between these spots?

roadside attractions, places to eat, must sees...

also, anyone recommend a good hotel in the grand canyon area?

doesnt need to be nice at all

ARV_RANA_PASSPORT_14974f.jpg

...make sure you keep photo copy of your passport in your secret wallet.

or scan relevant pages into jpeg and email them to yourself then hide them in your inbox under a notable title. that way even if you lose your "hidden wallet" you'll be covered

ina couple weeks im gonna be doing the

vegas - hoover dam - grand canyon

roadtrip with my girl

what is there to see in between these spots?

roadside attractions, places to eat, must sees...

also, anyone recommend a good hotel in the grand canyon area?

doesnt need to be nice at all

NEW PAGE

• 1 month later...
Guest Ginger Bread Man

Awesome thread

I thought about starting this exact bread last week but didn't know what to call the thread. Props

Long shot here but does anyone know the website that searches all kinds of airfare websites for you and predicts the trends on prices. I want to say the website starts with an O. I have used it before but like a fucking NOOOOOB i didnt save it in my favorites. I know the home page has a few listings for shit to search for online "travel" being the one you click you enter your dates/places and shit and it shows you what all the websites are offering, I know last time I used it i saved a grip of money. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

haha..

Well.. I am doing a road trip from SF to NYC. I am going to somehow need to get back to SF.

I'm thinking of leaving my car in toronto and flying back to SF as I'll be moving to Toronto a month later.

I drove from Vancouver to SF in 18 hours straight, only stopping to go the bathroom/water/fuel