THE TRAVEL ADVICE SUPER-DUPER THREAD

KILZ FILLZ

I have never had a personal item weighed.

My flight idea lately has been to pack super lux lunches and snacks, it is kind of a fun game and really nice to have some good food and luxury during an otherwise fairly dull event.

Really though I enjoy flying as long as I can look out the window and see something.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Deine Mudder

@morton

its a big deal with the smaller airlines in south east Asia. Most of them have a weight limit of 7kg/15 lbs for carry on and personal item combined. Planning a trip to Vietnam in Jan and that’s how I came across this. 

I’ve had issues with Ryanair in the past in Western Europe and was forced to check my bag. I don’t remember if that was a weight issue or a dimensions issue though. It was a while ago. 

On 10/29/2023 at 3:33 AM, morton said:

I have never had a personal item weighed.

My flight idea lately has been to pack super lux lunches and snacks, it is kind of a fun game and really nice to have some good food and luxury during an otherwise fairly dull event.

Really though I enjoy flying as long as I can look out the window and see something.

Just had my bags weighed and rejected on ANA domestic flights within japan.

Luckily one was over one was under and my son could carry some  stuff to even it out.

the lunch thing sounds good - whipping out the Foie gras and crispbreads while your neighbours crunches down his cheese doritos.

the looking out window thing is great  unless flying  from australia if going to America.

runway, ocean (x1 million for 13 hours ), runway