Daily Sketch Thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My friend designed his own Sousvide system and is planning to sell them add an affordable price verse the usual 2-3 grand the other systems go for. So he asked me to draw a t-shirt design of a pig in a bath. its gonna have "Take a hot Bath" along with it. So heres my fat bastard so far.

sousvide.jpg

It is a way to cook food. You take an immersion circulator which is that sketched box thing. You put vacuum sealed meat submerged in water. The device keeps the water at a steady temp allowing you to, for example, cook a perfect all the way around Medium Rare steak etc. Plus its locked up in its package with all those lovely juices.

Usually the devices go for a grand and up but my friend is going to market his for 500. Dude knows what hes doing and is going to make bank when business starts popping off.

sous vide is where its at.

over about the last decade american fine dining has massively embraced the method. i've used it at a few restaurants i've worked. and have had some of the best meals i've had in my life were sous vide (think michael mina's butter poached lobster... drool).

if you get the shirt printed i want one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almighty I like the sketch with drunk on the forehead...

I'm not sure if you'd be able to watch this in the States etc..?

I cant see why not though..

Anyway, If you like life drawing or want to practice your drawing skills these prog's might help.

Its set as if you where in a life drawing class with artist and models, (Not safe for work as its Nude drawing, Though this was first shown in the afternoon on T.V here)

You can post your drawings to flickr too..Maybe you could post them on here also?

Anyway here's the link.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/life-class-todays-nude

This model is fit, Deffo would like to do more than sharpening my pencil with her:scrambled:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/life-class-todays-nude/4od#2934379

Some great stuff here.

2 recents

I *love* your sketches.

I'm not really an artist, I can't draw. But I can trace things and fill it with dots.

I've started making stickers (for trading purposes) using a technique called pointillism:

WYWH = Wish You Were Here.

Mohawk boy is my son when he was 11. Other models are family members that have passed away.

• Like 1