Daily Sketch Thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have it, Them quick studys of the torso and what looks like a sculpture or a copy from a Ingres painting with the water bowel?

are much better than the other stiff awkward pictures you did by miles.

Just loosen up mate.

When doing faces its all about measurements, If you just focus on the measurements, like putting the eyes centre in the face, and how each thing, eg nose, mouth, eyes etc measure you'll get it, look it up on the web, everyone's face is mathematically connected.

If your about in the next few days I'll show you what I mean. In the mean time just look it up online. eg the golden ratio etc.

But them flowing sketches are much better than the stiff drawings, just work on it and practice, copy paintings, or faces to your sketch pad from pictures on your PC screen, Better still do self portraits learn how your face measures up, the shape of you nose, eyes, lips, etc, Shadows or doing self portraits with light facing one way on your face will give you definition..

Sorry I've to run, but practising on your face is free..

You'll get there it just clicks then it comes natural to you, but you will for ever learn, You never stop learning..I hope this helps you a little..

Nice one..

pZ..

• 2 weeks later...

You lost your flow of style with the letters. You started off with characters that resembled letters by their expressions, hair, nose, etc. Yet the further you got into the the alphabet your idea changed roles. Instead of characters resembling letters you started to make letters resemble characters.

Oliver had me loling. I know "o" isnt that hard to work with but I think you came correct.

The idea started to fade come letter "R."

Mike would become complete if you gave him a lil hair and make it dark. And he has the long face and nose that could come down to a smug lip expression which would make the whole head come together and not just disappear.

Nate looks good but where does his head go? Give him some raspy looking hair to go along with his ratty look.

Raphael works but give him more neck for the back of the "R" so he looks more human than mutant.

Not sure what to do with Smitty

Tori though works but theres no face. Let the view see a popped collar and a small hat to show why the face is concealed.

Ulysess looks good as well but take the same approach you did with "H." Let the hair be dark and come down the middle and sides because you can already grasp the letter by the face.

I like the different approaches people take with the alphabet. Ive even posted my lil working series here. Everyone has used the idea but it still is always fun to doodle.

IMG_1076.jpg

while in a meeting discussing the team restructure

they asked :"schnitzel what's your opinion and how do you feel about the changes?"

I said "we to be frank I think this isn't a good idea because it leaves us lower staffed in>>>>>"

they said "excellent well it's settled" (i.e. totally talked over me and ignored me)

gives the background behind the sketch