So Long, Sacer...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its annoying people being disrespectfull saying stuff like,

"were they all homos?" etc.

it dosent matter if they were or not respect should be payed its very sad that someone so inspirational and interesting passed,

really good poloraids and solid graffiti and seems very interesting from all the stuff ive read about him.

r.i.p

wasnt he from an insanely rich family..old money..i have no sympathy for a wasted life..

Sort of besides the point. I mean, there's some wealth in my family (not much, but some) but it hasn't meant I got a free ride by any means.

Something I read in one of the articles was about how doing drugs wasn't about partying for him, it was just his way of trying to cope with who he was. Trust me, I've been there...I've also been trying really fucking hard for the past few years to keep a lid on that aspect of my life and learn how to deal with the world somewhat sober, and it's not easy. At all. I've been getting fucked up for at least two thirds of my life, and it's hard to walk away from. But I'm doing it...I don't know how or why most of the time but I'm slowly figuring it out.

It sounds like he was at a similar point in his life and had a moment of weakness and it killed him. It's not the first time it's happened, and I don't think anyone can judge him for that.

If it makes you feel better to say so then great, but it sounded like he was trying to pull it together on his own. Not because he got popped and had to go through some court ordered bullshit, but really trying to straighten up. Maybe because of his kid, or he wanted to move on. Doesn't matter now, though.

I've had friends die that were in denial about how bad off they were right up till the end. That pissed me off...having to go through the whole "don't fucking tell me what to do" and "I've got it under control" thing then getting the call.

I'm giving dude some credit for at least making the effort. A lot of people never do.

only until recently did i find articles on dash's life on the internet

i would go around new york and see shit crushed from street level to roof level work

to me he was just a tagname, i knew nothing about him to judge his lifestyle

some people just need to respect him for how dedicated he was to do crazy shit and paint awesome spots all over the world with the raw bombing style he worked under. everyone hating on the guy because he lived a fast life should just keep their mouth's shut

Man, are you kidding? Coke is just as bad, I almost croaked it off that shit in 2004 thinking like that. Alcohol can be dangerous too. Weed is all right as long as you stay away from jam bands, Birkenstocks and hackysacks.

Do whatever floats your boat, but at least make some attempt at moderation...and if your friends/family/whoever are telling you that you're letting yourself go, PAY ATTENTION. If your health is suffering, chill out. If you stop doing other things you like to do in favor of getting high, chill out.

None of that shit is worth your life. The most important thing it takes away is your perspective.

• Like 1

R.I.P. Sacer, Hopefully everything up now stays running for a long time.

Never met him but I've seen his work.

It would be cool to see all the Poloroids.

On a semi related note, it kinda sucks when cause of death gets posted.

Takes the focus off what people have accomplished and how they actually lived.

The only thing that really matters IMO.

• Like 1

On a semi related note, it kinda sucks when cause of death gets posted.

I hate it when you read about someone dying and the origional poster doesn't say how they died.

If I'm reading about someone dying, I wanna know how they died.

It's not even like it's some shocking letdown to hear that a graffiti writer died from being a junky anyways.

That's gotta be the number one cause of death for graffiti writers.

Yeah, well...it's a nice sentiment but it sort of collides with reality.

It would be great if everyone on this site had got the message after the last ten well-known writers ODed, but unfortunately it just turns into another topic to gossip about.