Lies Adults Told

But people do tend to get sick more often in the winter.

I even came home sick once from being locked up in the 40 degrees holding cells.

Whether or not cold and flue jerms thrive more in cold temperatures is irrelivant, there's nothing healthy about freezing your ass off.

And I'm willing to bet that your core temperature probably has some type of effect on your immune system.

Thing is, cold kills germs. A holding cell is probably wrought with all kinds of germs.

I saw Km4rts reply, and while I partially agree, I can't bring myself to fully agree.

"

First, just being cold doesn't seem to do anything to build, or harm, the immune system. One common misconception is that exposure to cold or wet weather increases a person's chances of contracting a respiratory infection -- how many times have you heard someone advise a child to "bundle up or you'll catch pneumonia"? However, the fact is that it takes a germ of some sort (usually a virus) to make someone sick. I think that since these infections are more common in cold weather, a lot of people mistakenly assumed that the nasty weather itself caused the illnesses."

http://www.drspock.com/faq/0,1511,858,00.html

Read more into it if you want, I don't really care to.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once my mom tried to tell me that my dog ran away. Then 5 seconds later my stepdad came out of the woods with a shovel. we weren't stupid, we figured that one out, so she finally told us the truth. Apparently my neighbors didn't like our dog.

Oh, and my mom tried to tell me I was smart a couple times.

it'll all be alright as long as you go to school.

fuck school, I draw for a living.

Nah, seriously, school never bothered me, it just bored me. I was that nerd that was finished reading the English book within the first week of getting it, and was in honors classes. And yeah, math is a bitch for me, but I rarely use it anyways.

• Like 1

Jimmy Carter is a good guy and all, but he's kinda known for not being too bright.

you fuckin serious?

I'm not even american and I know that the malaise speech was probably one of the smartest things any president you've had in the last 30 years has said to the country.

sure firing his whole cabinet shortly after wasn't too bright but hey... give him the malaise speech.

edit: btw, if alcohol was a stimulant you would stay up for days on end drinking (ala crack, blow, and meth) and not pass out at the end of the night. when you pass out, and how hard you pass out depends on tolerance. just because you've been a drunk for years doesn't mean its a stimulant, it means you have a high tolerance. alcohol affects everybody who doesn't abuse it constantly for any length of time the same way, as a depressant. /argument.

• Like 1

Once my mom tried to tell me that my dog ran away. Then 5 seconds later my stepdad came out of the woods with a shovel. we weren't stupid, we figured that one out, so she finally told us the truth. Apparently my neighbors didn't like our dog.

My folks told me that the dog was too old to live in a house, so they gave it to some family out in the country to live on their farm.

I was like 5 so I believed them.

Then like 20+ years later I was watching TV and saw some parents tell their kid the same story and it reminded me of when my folks kicked me that same story when i was 5.

I called up my pops all pissed and he clammed up talking about how he didn't know what I was talking about and that was so long ago that he can't remember shit.

Then I called up moms and all's I could get out of her was that the dog (a little ass poodle) bit my sister, and well you know your father.

Yeah, I know my father. That son of a bitch most likely took the dog out back and shot it.

No, that's not what I said at all.

I said they're the same race.

As in the same race as Arabs, and not the same race as Asians.

You said that they're the same race as Asians because India is considered central Asia.

We had a 20 page argument about this.

You originally said "Indians are Arab". I remember. Then you slowly changed it to "Indians are the same race as Arabs" after even you realized what a stupid statement you made.

And I never said "Indians are the same race as Asians" because technically, "Asian" is not a race (since many races originate from Asia). But yes, India is considered to be apart of Central Asia.

You originally said "Indians are Arab". I remember. Then you slowly changed it to "Indians are the same race as Arabs" after even you realized what a stupid statement you made.

And I never said "Indians are the same race as Asians" because technically, "Asian" is not a race (since many races originate from Asia). But yes, India is considered to be apart of Central Asia.

I said that I'll never understand why they're called "asian" when they're fucking Arabs <-as in the Arab race. The race that is known as Arab.

You know exactly what I said and what I was getting at, and that there's nothing stupid about it at all.

And Asian is a race. It's what everyone refers to people with slanty eyes and yellow (brown) skin who's peoples origionated from Asia and the Pacific Islands.

When you describe a person of that description, you say Asian.

That's the name of that race of people.

I said that I'll never understand why they're called "asian" when they're fucking Arabs <-as in the Arab race. The race that is known as Arab.

You know exactly what I said and what I was getting at, and that there's nothing stupid about it at all.

And Asian is a race. It's what everyone refers to people with slanty eyes and yellow (brown) skin who's peoples origionated from Asia and the Pacific Islands.

When you describe a person of that description, you say Asian.

That's the name of that race of people.

from wiki:

See also

* Oriental

* Chink

* Bad Drivers

* Rice