G1 - Google Andriod

TootsieRoller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
works for me, my battery lasts all day and then some

Would uninstalling apps and turning off services increase the battery life? I don't know much about the hardware, I'm just guessing that since it's a Linux-based device that all the battery manager is really just a process manager.

I'm still interested in maybe getting an Android device, but it's not going to be the G1. A friend of mine worked for Google and had one of the early G1s...he had mixed feelings about it but he did get it for free.

I wonder if there will be a day when one can't find

20€ phone with phone capabilities and not much else

proper desktop computer with big keyboard and display

camera with proper optics instead of "mad mega pixelz"

a simple mp3 player (these I've never fucked with in the first place)

It's called "creeping featurism" (trying to make one device do many different things).

It looks like cell phones- well, mobile devices- are going to replace computers for most online communication purposes.

No duh, right? Well, what I mean is that you'll be able to use a wireless keyboard/video interface with your phone at home...you'll be able to use your TV as the monitor and a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Media PCs/servers will handle all of your movies and music, and you'll be able to upload whatever media you want to your mobile device.

As far as cameraphones go, it's not likely that there's ever going to be a pro-grade camera phone but you never know.

So no...it looks like everything is going to be tied to the cell/mobile platform for some time. The quality will get better of course but you'll always have to get a separate unit to get high performance...however, the features on mobile devices will be adequate for most people.

I drew a picture of you on my painter on my G1, but it got shook and erased before I could send it to you =(. I'll so it again and post Toots!

The battery does suck. I have a charger in my room, in the kitchen and one at work.

I convinced 2 of my friends to get one.

One has the white one, it has a bronzeish keyboard. Pretty awesome.