any vancouver oontzers, eh?

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 50million

going to:

fritz fry house

le crocodile

the stanely park aquarium

the eatery

ramen (kirin or something?)

rodney's

chinatown

east hastings

the morrissey

anything else?

Guest 50million

dude, its soooo expensive. great atmosphere but damn...$36 for two drinks?!?!?! really?!?!?

we're like a block from the two parrots. that place had karaoke last night. we had one drink and left to some irish pub....wheres all the good bars at?

heading off to the aquarium and le crocodile...

and poutine. gonna get me some poutine.

get yer asses to the cambie.

at 36 bucks for two drinks you musta been at the bloody four seasons. aquarium is chillin. get to north vancouver. go to the quay, which is a pretty kool marketplace. get lunch there. good view of the city.

then maybe go up to grouse mountain while your on that side of the water.

theres a ton of shit to do here. if you want anymore info pm me ill get you off in the right directions depending on what you what yer style is.

get yer asses to the cambie.

at 36 bucks for two drinks you musta been at the bloody four seasons. aquarium is chillin. get to north vancouver. go to the quay, which is a pretty kool marketplace. get lunch there. good view of the city.

then maybe go up to grouse mountain while your on that side of the water.

theres a ton of shit to do here. if you want anymore info pm me ill get you off in the right directions depending on what you what yer style is.

I was surprised how much it costs to drink there also, the Cambie def had the cheapest drinks i found. I was also staying at the 4Seasons though LOL.

Co-sign Grouse Mountain and North Van...Also, the suspension bridges half way to Grouse are worth checking out. All very expensive but worth it. Take the water ferry and then bus to get there.

Also, go to Granville Island Brewery

http://www.gib.ca/

I really enjoyed the few days I spent in Vancouver and you will too.

Guest 50million

sloth was soooooooo rad. it was eating lunch - didnt like the grapes so he threw it at some woman taking his pictures. awwww.

going to le crocodile nowish....possibly cambie later? im not sure yet.

vancouver is rad though. i'd consider living here.

Lynn Canyon has a pretty sweet suspension bridge too, and has good hiking trails. It's not as big as Capilano Bridge but it's free and not full of Japanese tourists. But don't go jumping in to the rapids like some drunk rebellious teen.....that shit will trap you and you'll die.

Also if you're out that way Deep Cove is a sweet little town to drink in. Enjoy the locals gawking at you while you get beligerently drunk!

Vancouver's on Google Maps street view now! It's like I can go back to pigeon park and scour the streets for heroin without all the hassle!

tommorow night you should go hit up Blastramp at the Bourbon

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BLASTRAMP/75697250563

its usually packed, good music, plenty of good people watching to be had.

edit:

here are photos from a blastramp night in may to give you an idea of the crowd:

http://thefuturists.ca/2009/05/blastramp-the-bourbon-514/

IE: Hipsters drinking Pabst and DJ's putting Itunes on shuffle.

I don't know how long you're there for but Wineo's on Granville and Nelson sells $6 pitchers on Tuesdays. It's a pretty cool little joint and has a secret back room behind a bookshelf. I think it's cool anyway.

ALSO, the Templeton for brunch. Or the Diner in Point Grey for an authentic full English!

I don't know why I'm still giving suggestions I don't live there anymore...

Guest 50million

portland for 3 vancouver for three...then we gotta go back to work. ya know, money runs out on vacations and shit.

thanks everyone for the suggestions. i really appreciate it. this place is awesome. we would consider moving here if we had an opportunity.

going to get poutine / rodney's oyster house / chinatown / gastown? (SP?) / east hastings

possibly blastrap if we are feeling up to it. if not...some random cheap car will do. the cambie i suppose?

I don't know how long you're there for but Wineo's on Granville and Nelson sells $6 pitchers on Tuesdays. It's a pretty cool little joint and has a secret back room behind a bookshelf. I think it's cool anyway.

I can fully endorse wino's on tuesdays. its cheap as it gets on the strip, and its a small spot so its usually PACKED. they also have decent finger food as well, you can order a ton of stuff for next to nothing.

in addition to the fake bookshelf thing, they also have the dj up in this cramped little loft. it has a bucket on a rope so they can send up beer to him.