any vancouver oontzers, eh?

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 50million
does your restraining order against soup hold up in canada?

yes, and in mexico too.

whats that shit called with the fries and gravy and curds? i want somma dat!

also, anyone know about the Japanese hot dog stand on smith and broad (i think are the streets)?

The fries are called poutine. There is a good fry place called Pomme Fritz on the corner of Granville and Davie. You can add barbecue chicken or corned beef to your poutine to greater increase your chances of having a heart attack while eating it.

Japadog is on Smythe and Burrard. Everyone raves about it but I don't know what the big deal is....it's just hot dogs wrapped in seaweed.

go to grouse

check out the rotating restaraunt/observation deck in downtown vancouver

dont know why everyones raving bout hastings

its nothing special...

you could peep stanley park and the aquarium, but those spots are coolest in summer times.

i dont really know, 3 days isnt very long and october sucks

Guest 50million

JapaDog001.jpg

ice cube!

ok so this is what i got so far:

food:

uncle fattis or Numero Uno pizza - broadway and commericial.

Bishop's in Kits, Le Crocodile Classic Alsatian French), Fuel, Lumiere, the eatery, Kintaro

bars:

astoria, funkys, and pub340, Funky Winkerbeans, The Cambie, rugby club, The Calling, Two Parrots

stuff to see/places to go:

deep cove, north van

hastings

grouse

Stanley Park

and poutine

Guest 50million
are you going to vancouver with that chinese guy you had dinner and a drama thread with?

hes Vietnamese and my boyfriend. we got a timeshare dealy. we're stoked....weather isnt going to be fantastic or anything, but we desperately need a vacation.

dont bother with funky winker beans, the columbia, or any of those other stupid hipster dive bars. they all suck and are funny for like 3 seconds.

the 5 point is good on south main. nice patio for chilling all day and drinking.

the cambie is a must, pub340 is hit or miss really i think its a dive but i dunno.

http://www.sectionthree.com/

this is a cool place to start off a night, get some food, some drinks, and hear a nice dj set and head out somewhere. plus its not too expensive at all, and probably better than playing hipster or homeless at funkywinkerbeans.

i think it still goes down but library square pub/club is good fridays and saturdays. and its close to sectionthree.

the railway club is a good pub, plus theres usually some band playing, they used to let you smoke in there too.

Guest 50million

sweet. im going to map all this shit out.

thanks for the heads up everyone.

let me know if there is anything exciting going on during that week. 6-9th specifically. im staying downtown too. i guess ill be very close to japadog.

Guest 50million

THATS A GREAT IDEA. we'd all definitely get along. lets kick it. he lives in soma. we go to clement street all the time to get tea.

...rice queen. hahaha. havent heard that before...must be rare. hahaha.