Sorry Bojangles, but you got the boring award.

earl broclo ESQ

http://buzzlog.buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92753/dubious-distinction-most-boring-city

Dubious Distinction: Most Boring City

By Claudine Zap

Wed, July 01, 2009, 5:14 pm PDT

It's the time of year when thoughts turn to summer getaways. According to a TripAdvisor survey, travelers would rather go to New York, San Francisco, and Miami over, well, Cleveland. That metropolis was voted "most boring city" by vacationers who would prefer even the windy city of Chicago over a boring one.

Cleveland does have some notable aspects that could draw tourists: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there. And now, so is basketball great Shaquille O'Neal, who recently joined the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Cleveland residents should take heart. The Midwestern locale could have been voted "dirtiest" (Detroit), "most annoying accent" (Boston), or "least healthy (Detroit again).

Travelers are a fickle bunch. New York City earned the title of "favorite city" but also won out in the category of "least friendly and helpful." Could vacationers be gluttons for punishment? Maybe after a few more doses of the rude Big Apple, boring won't sound so bad after all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/PressCenter-i249-c1-Press_Releases.html

Favorite City

1. New York City

2. San Francisco

3. Chicago and Boston(tie)

Least Favorite City

1. Detroit

2. Los Angeles

3. Atlanta

Most Underrated

Portland, Ore.

Most Overrated

Las Vegas

Most Economical

Las Vegas

Most Expensive

New York City

Cleanest

Portland, Ore.

Dirtiest

Detroit

Sexiest

Miami

Most Boring

Cleveland

Healthiest

Seattle

Least Healthy

Detroit

Friendliest and Most Helpful

New York City

Least Friendly and Helpful

New York City

Best Free Attractions

Washington, D.C.

Most Romantic

Honolulu

Nicest Sounding Accent

Atlanta

Most Annoying Accent

Boston

New York is friendly fuck now, when tourists are looking at the train map 5 New Yorkers are looking at them hoping they ask for directions. I bet half the people taking the survey havn't stepped foot in NYC for over 2 Decades. That's why it got voted friendliest and least friendly in the same survey.

Most underated IMO is Pittsburgh, best looking city for photo's, awesome sports teams and plenty of stuff to do and see.

du du durty durty. detroit clean now. Back when i was a kid

there were streets you couldnt drive down because of all the

cars on cinderblocks and couches in the road. When i was

a teenager and my fam moved to the suburbs shit felt like

disneyland

We actually do have a lotta' good stuff here, it's just not in plain sight.

Then again, I'm probably only sticking up for the Cleve because I'm drunk again.

SH80035k.jpg

Cleveland's 20th century heritage as a major manufacturing center has given the city a legacy of world-class arts and cultural institutions. Among these are the Cleveland Museum of Art, founded in 1913 on land donated by Western Union founder Jeptha Wade and others; the Cleveland Orchestra, whose neo-classical home, Severance Hall, was built by industrialist John L. Severance; and the Cleveland Botanical Garden, founded in 1930 as a home for the 17,000-book botanical library donated by Eleanor Squire.

edgewatercoastline.jpg

Lake Erie, rarely more than a few miles away in Cleveland, is a great source of recreation, scenic beauty, and natural resources (such as the salt mines under the lake). It's also a vital element in creating Lake Erie Icewine and the Lake Effect snow that protects our north coast gardens in the winter. The history of Lake Erie can be explored all along the coastline at lighthouses, maritime history museums, and such unique sites as the Glacial Grooves on Kelleys Island.

polisheagle_smm.jpg

Cleveland's "melting pot" heritage is still evident in the city's many ethnic neighborhoods, churches, food stores, and restaurants. There's Slavic Village, developed by Poles and Czechs who found work in Cleveland's late 19th century and early 20th century steel mills and textile mills; Little Italy, which grew up peopled with artisans that found work at the adjacent Lake View Cemetery; and Asiatown, a more recent enclave of Chinese, Vietnamese, and other Asian immigrants.

This mixtures of cultures gives Cleveland a rich, depth of culture not experienced in such younger cities as Atlanta, Tampa, and even Columbus.

rockhall-sm.jpg

Clevelanders tend to take the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for granted, unless we have visitors in from out of state, but the graceful I.M. Pei building is well-known throughout the music world. Not only is the record-player shaped (from the air) building the cornerstone of the Cleveland harborfront, but it houses thousands of Rock and Roll artifacts, including costumes, original hand-penned lyrics, album covers, photos, and lots more. I've visited the museum dozens of times and I always find something new. Cleveland's number one attraction is not just for

visitors.

metroparkserikholmbergcc.jpg

Cleveland's "Emerald Necklace" is one of the most interconnected and extensive city park systems in the US. Founded in 1917, the Cleveland Metropark system is the oldest park system in Ohio and now encompasses over 20,000 acres of parkland. You can travel from the mouth of the Rocky River to the woods outside of Chagrin Falls without ever leaving the park. Facilities include the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, a marina, the toboggan chutes in Strongsville, several golf courses, riding stables, and miles and miles of biking and hiking trails.

http://www.10best.com/Cleveland,OH/

Basically, we rule.