So her palette is basic....

ShortFuse

My girl and soon to be wife has the most basic non extravagent taste ever. Love this girl to death but her taste in food blows.. i work in the restaurant business and im used to being exposed to all foods which is awesome. I love to regular the post your meals thread cause its full of good stuff. Im ready to cook what ever for her yet i just thought id check with the minds of CH0. So the basic tastes lye with beef, chicken, onions, cilantro, plain salad, limited generic veges, and as of today curry. Her fam eats crap micro wave BS i cant stand and she hates cheese, sour cream, sea food, tomatos, fruit mixed dishes, and under cooked beef....Im trying to break her into new foods and wine etc.

So for the creative minds willing...post some ideas with certain ingredients added to help introduce flavors..

maybe treat this as a quick fire challenge using basic ingredients....i dunno just run with it.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but on the real...you should just make the food and if it is good she will like it and then tell her "look girl you just ate tofu and scallops" or something...

usually my tastes expanded by being in a foreign country and having to eat whatever was made for me by the fam....

or I eat it and say "damn that was good...what was it?"

My 7 year old neice eats a broader range of food than your lady firend does.

Just cook the food you like to eat.

Give her a plate of it.

If she starts to complain, tell her to stop being such a fucking baby and eat her goddamned food or else her next meal is going to be a knuckle sandwich.

• Like 2

here is an important question....does she like bacon?

and instead of trying to use ingredients....introduce her to stuff she likes but that is prepared differently..

like when I first had Thai food, I didn't think I would like it but then I tried the simple chicken and rice stuff and moved on from there

Damn, that sounds like it would suck, I hate going out to eat with picky people. I hope she's at least cool enough to hit good spots with you and not complain. My parents are like that, way too picky. I hate when they come visit and I have to go out to some shitty Appleby's or other frozen, non fresh, greasy food type place. Last time they visited we ended up at Bubba Gumps, it literally made my ex puke when she got home. I tried taking them to a super nice restaurant but they passed, they didn't feel comfortable having me pay that much. I said fuck it and took them to a cheap but super good thai place, they both just ordered fried rice, WTF?

Really, all you have to do is cook food that tastes good.

I got kids eating their veggies and carnivores loving tofu.

If you cook delicious meals and she refuses to even have a open mind and try something new, you should move on and find someone that is willing to broaden their horizons.

Unless you are happy settling for a marriage that is full of bordom and monotony.

PS- How the shit is someone going to hate cheese?

I don't get it.

It's not as if there is only one cheese or as if every cheese has the same taste or texture.

That would be like saying that you once had a hamburger from McDonald's so now you hate all beef.

My sister-in-law used to always try to say she hated all yellow cheeses, but I would sneak some into baked mac n cheese and she always ate it up and said how delicious it was.

My girl and soon to be wife has the most basic non extravagent taste ever. Love this girl to death but her taste in food blows.. i work in the restaurant business and im used to being exposed to all foods which is awesome. I love to regular the post your meals thread cause its full of good stuff. Im ready to cook what ever for her yet i just thought id check with the minds of CH0. So the basic tastes lye with beef, chicken, onions, cilantro, plain salad, limited generic veges, and as of today curry. Her fam eats crap micro wave BS i cant stand and she hates cheese, sour cream, sea food, tomatos, fruit mixed dishes, and under cooked beef....Im trying to break her into new foods and wine etc.

So for the creative minds willing...post some ideas with certain ingredients added to help introduce flavors..

maybe treat this as a quick fire challenge using basic ingredients....i dunno just run with it.

Is she Irish?

We're kinda known for loving bland food.

Damn, that sounds like it would suck, I hate going out to eat with picky people. I hope she's at least cool enough to hit good spots with you and not complain. My parents are like that, way too picky. I hate when they come visit and I have to go out to some shitty Appleby's or other frozen, non fresh, greasy food type place. Last time they visited we ended up at Bubba Gumps, it literally made my ex puke when she got home. I tried taking them to a super nice restaurant but they passed, they didn't feel comfortable having me pay that much. I said fuck it and took them to a cheap but super good thai place, they both just ordered fried rice, WTF?

I know Appleby's aint no French Laundry, but how you gonna refer to it as shitty?

And there's really a place called Bubba Gumps??? LMAO!

[ATTACH]114997.vB[/ATTACH]

bubbagump.jpg.96d5769df97b8bd3c6c243219c2a5aef.jpg

• Like 1

INVITE PEOPLE OVER

People who appreciate (your) food. She'll realize you're not babbling. Endorsement of other people will encourage her to try different foods.

TELEVISION

Turn on TV with a good cooking show. The non-existing presence of other people will obligate her to try different foods.

Better yet, find out if there's a DOCTOR PHIL episode with the same theme.

GREASY FOOD

Make tasty, exotic cuisine an excuse for her to get fat.

I don't think it's physically possible for anybody to hate cheese.

Except bleu cheese, that shit's fucking disgusting beyond belief.

Maybe she's just lactose intolerant and doesn't feel like explaining to her man what cheese will do to her bowels,

so she just says she don't like the shit.

I know a few people that are lactose intolerant that eat cheese.

Because they aren't little titty babies and understand that cheese is fucking awesome and that it is well worth dealing with any bad side effects.

If I had a pan of super delicious baked mac n cheese and I knew it would fill me full of farts for the rest of the night..I would man up and deal with the farts while I had a belly full of awesome food.

I don't get it.

It's not as if there is only one cheese or as if every cheese has the same taste or texture.

That would be like saying that you once had a hamburger from McDonald's so now you hate all beef.

My sister-in-law used to always try to say she hated all yellow cheeses, but I would sneak some into baked mac n cheese and she always ate it up and said how delicious it was.

Cheese is milk gone bad. In many many cultures it is very absurd in the first place to grab a cow boob and drink whatever comes out.

As a kid I disliked the taste of cheese fed to me. In kindergarten I was forced to eat whatever shitty cheese they had. For that I have eternal contempt for

a) Cheese

b) People

Many people tried to sneak cheese in my foods when I was a little, reminding me of that asshole teacher in kindergarten. "Oh joy I'll put this shitty fucking sour fermented matter in viperface food so he'll turn into oblivious normal jesus people like myself"

I'm real glad I grew up so people don't try to tell me what to eat anymore.

But I'm not so strict about it nowadays, I tolerate cheese in pizzas, burgers and as a spice (real parmesan in a pasta for example).

• Like 3

I know what cheese is.

And as far as the cultural thing...I doubt that his lady comes from anywhere outside of the US if she has such bland tastes and has grown up on microwavable meals.

I was just saying that it isn't as if there is one taste that covers the entire spectrum of cheeses.

A gruyere tastes nothing like cheddar which tastes nothing like a parm which tastes nothing like jack.

For someone to say that there is not one cheese that they like on/in any food it just ridiculous.

Last week I made fresh paneer which was just boiling milk with lemon juice in it, pouring it through a cheese cloth and then press it for a few hours.

The taste is super mild and super delicious.

My girl and soon to be wife has the most basic non extravagent taste ever. Love this girl to death but her taste in food blows.. i work in the restaurant business and im used to being exposed to all foods which is awesome. I love to regular the post your meals thread cause its full of good stuff. Im ready to cook what ever for her yet i just thought id check with the minds of CH0. So the basic tastes lye with beef, chicken, onions, cilantro, plain salad, limited generic veges, and as of today curry. Her fam eats crap micro wave BS i cant stand and she hates cheese, sour cream, sea food, tomatos, fruit mixed dishes, and under cooked beef....Im trying to break her into new foods and wine etc..

Yeah, but does she SWALLOW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnODDqYUoUs

Perhaps start with Spanish and Italian style foods based on quality ingredients and simple preparation and move forward from there. A simple plate of quality cheese, salami, olives and bread etc. may introduce appreciation for ingredients.

And what can be more tasty than grilled foods, not very risky but a good way to provide contrast with hamburger helper and swansons.