District 9

Tails0nE

Wouldn't it just be as simple as...there was a "Prawn" inside of it using it.

P.S. Great movie.

I grew up on Alien Nation and "V", so this was right up my alley...NH.

Also, did I miss anything after the credits?

I wanted to wait it out but my girl was not down.

I saw it for the second time tonight.

Just as good the second time around.

My girl works at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin.

Before the current trailers, they showed an old Alien Nation trailer.

James Caan and Mandy Patinkin FTW.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I thought it was great. better cgi than avatar as well.

no fucking way......

i saw District 9 the day it came out blasted to fuck after some bitch stood me up. I'm glad she did because that shit was insane, i want a particle cannon that de atomizes people and shit. District 9's story was far superior to avatar though, i will give you that. both really good movies and surprisingly enough were pretty much the only movies i saw in 2009(in theaters) i don't count ninja assasin, that shit pissed me off.

I'm with the whole avatar creatures looking too disney. Granted, they were supposed to be portrayed like this to show their innocence and beauty blahblahblah in some way. But District 9 just did way more for me mentally and emotionally. I thought contrasting how disgusting the aliens looked to their yearning for acceptance and a normal life (like all refugees, there lies the metaphor), and how they were ignored. The last 30 minutes of D9 had me guessing, standing up out of my seat, back down in my seat wanting to cry (nh), while the last 30 minutes of Avatar tried to pull some heartstrings, but was too predictable in the end.

And the CGI was more convincing and well done to me, on a whole, in D9. Avatar's CGI, albeit a little corny, was painstakingly detailed, so much respect is deserved.

Whatever, Best CGI, Best Sci Fi flick of the year, Best Makeup...basically my favorite movie of the year was Star Trek.