District 9

Tails0nE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how they didn't really have to spoon feed the plot, and like BOATS N HOES said above there was that seamless drop off the documentary angle.

I been thinking a lot about Christopher's sudden concern for bringing justice to the prawns instead of just escaping himself.....I mean, he was obviously a higher caste member, what does he care about them? I guess he had a moment in the lab when he saw the experiments?

This movie was incredible, and I don't think there were any questionable parts, they covered all the angles of why everything happened the way it did. Also I agree with the switch from documentary to theatrical was incredible.

didnt explain why they where there in the first place other then that dope. will their be a # 2 though?

I hope there is.

To be honest I think they left it up in the air depending on reactions and how well the film actually did.

I expect the sequel, and I also expect it to be epic. Chris (The Alien) returning with his son to turn Vickers back to human so he can be with his wife. While his Father In law and the rest of the establishment trying to prevent it at all costs.

didnt explain why they where there in the first place other then that dope. will their be a # 2 though?

I thought it was that the ship broke down and the command modual or whatever fell off and crashed into the earth, which they needed after fixing it. After it fell no humans could find the piece, leaving the "Workers", which the ship was full of, to get sick and die in their cargo hold. They also said nobody knows why they came here, so they did address the fact that everybody in the world was like wtf why are there aliens, so I assume it'd be explained further in the sure to come sequal? also your screen name made me laugh.

Saw this movie yesterday. I'm still on the fence about how I feel about it. I love the documentary style mixed in with the movie and definitely how the two seamlessly worked together. Something isn't sitting right with me though and I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is.

I will say that the warrior/droid suit reminded me very much of ED-209 from Robocop...

ed209-3.JPG

The Nigerians couldn't get their weapons to work. However it didn't stop them from buying them and trying to get them to work.

Which is why they were so interested in Vicker's arm. They wanted to be able to use the technology.

Part of the reason Vickers was able to escape when they were about to cut his arm off. They had weapons lying around only HE was capable of using. Which obviously were far more advanced than anything they could even dream of.

The Nigerians couldn't get their weapons to work. However it didn't stop them from buying them and trying to get them to work.

Which is why they were so interested in Vicker's arm. They wanted to be able to use the technology.

Part of the reason Vickers was able to escape when they were about to cut his arm off. They had weapons lying around only HE was capable of using. Which obviously were far more advanced than anything they could even dream of.

there was a scene where they had the mech suit walking around in the hut

^That's RACIST!

just a heads up to yall talking 'sequel'...

The aliens arrived 30 years before the start of the documentary (1990). The Distric 10 move was on or about the 20th anniversary of the aliens arrival (2010), as was every part of the movie involving Wikus. When Christofer left he promised to return in 3 years to liberate his people but the documentary was made 10 years after that promise(2020).

Of course it made so much money that they will almost surely make a sequel but I hope they don't.

there was a scene where they had the mech suit walking around in the hut

Wouldn't it just be as simple as...there was a "Prawn" inside of it using it.

P.S. Great movie.

I grew up on Alien Nation and "V", so this was right up my alley...NH.

Also, did I miss anything after the credits?

I wanted to wait it out but my girl was not down.