Who beleives 2012

TRUE2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole fiscal cliff thing is hilarious to watch from the outside, even though it would also affect me.

It makes me laugh to see how fucking petty it all is, of course you gotta raise taxes on the rich folks, cut military and pentagon spending and leave the social benefits alone, Fuck penalising the poor for the mistakes made by the top people.

Also I don't believe in 2012, that year never happened it was all a conspiracy that was projected onto us.

Of course I have pretty strong biases, but I'm not sure cutting the mil budget too much is a great idea right now. The Savings from draw-downs in Iraq and Afghanistan are continuing to come on line will naturally allow some cuts, of course. But the Asia/Pacific region is not heading in a direction that permits too much optimism. China's behaviour in the region is making for a lot of nervous neighbours who are purchasing strategic weapons for the maritime environment (such as subs, anti-ship missiles, stealth capabilities, fast missile boats, mines, etc). Not only is China a destabilising influence but the ASEAN states have little trust or cooperation and stand the chance of creating their own regional security spiral.

The trans India-Pacific ocean region is of pivotal importance to the global economy and the US is the country that has kept that region open, stable and fit for economic activity. Should that area destabilise the whole world is in for some serious shit. Hence the 'pivot' that Obama announced in Nov2011. Whilst the Mid East is also of pivotal importance, regional destabilisation just across the pond from the US that threatens key US allies is pretty significant for the US and now is not a great time for the US to start navel gazing in terms of military and diplomacy.

• 2 weeks later...

what's up... i'm back.

I have to admit during the past 3-4 years leading up to 2012 I think in the back of my mind I expected something to happen. Whatever that was I don't know. I definitely didn't consider that the world was going to end, but I did somewhat believe that some sort of major political event would occur.

I'm happy to know in 2013 that I was dead wrong, and I'm not shamed to admit that. My last post on here was in an occupy wall st. thread where I predicted we'd see amazing paradigm shifting things in 2012, and again, I was dead wrong. I'm back here to admit that I was wrong and engage in some thoughtful discussion here because this was always an enjoyable place for me to see different perspectives.