Who beleives 2012

TRUE2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually read that whole Wikipedia article and several related articles. What it says is that scientists don't support the pole shift hypothesis, but they do support the theory of geomagnetic reversal. (They seem to be essentially the same thing, perhaps they changed the name of the theory to separate themselves from the voluminous pseudoscience on pole shifts.) No one seems to know when, or how quickly (i.e. catastrophic) a geomagnetic reversal will be, but they have determined that these reversals conform to a Lévy distribution, but I have not seen the research that supports this. (If anyone can find this research and tell us when scientists predict the next geomagnetic reversal I will give you some tic tacs.) They don't know if this reversal will take place over a matter of millenia, centuries, decades, years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, or seconds. Generally scientists don't believe in a very fast pole shift because mankind has clearly survived many geomagnetic reversals in the past. Even Mayan Grand Elder Wandering Wolf is not sure when the actual shift will take place. Personally I see signs of the apocalypse all around me, from the gulf disaster to the global recession. I think many people these days have some sort of millenarian beliefs. Sure, people have been wrong many times over about the end of the world in the past but we have never actually been so close to destroying the planet as we are now.

And then you look to the sky http://www.nasa-intelligence.com/infocus/nearearthobjects/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now im white and all that i can see is that whites want the end to come so all the so called niggers and spics will freeze up and die cuz all the gung ho whites out there think there on some rambo shit and can survive off the earth and dont you think its kind of odd that at the same time where trying to keep the mexicans out we sit there and belive some end of the world story from a bunch of taco venders that have been dead for 2000 some years and speaking of 2000 year old stories what happened to j c on dec 31st 1999 i guess the c.i.a got to him first and i also read something that the myan thing was supposed to happen in 2002 but i guess talking about the end of the world then wasnt really good conversation when your trying to invade a country so fuck it let the next guy deal with the fear maybe he can make as much money on fear as bush did.....fear it will always win an election

p.s remember when before iraq the media was saying that the terrorists where starting all those brush fires out west just boot up fahrenheit 9-11 and watch the chapter ......god bless white media

• Like 1

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet or not but its fairly new to me. My friend saw this guy speak three years ago. He's Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, also known as Wandering Wolf, Grand Elder of the living Maya. I didn't even know there were living Maya left! Needless to say I am quite astonished. It is nice to get this kind of information straight from the horse's mouth. They have only recently come out in the open after 500 years of silence, my friend tells me. Wandering Wolf is the Mayan day-keeper and he recently started making an announcement every 20 days in anticipation of 2012. He is also making a full length movie which looks really interesting! The mini-movies on the site are awesome:

http://shiftoftheages.com/

In one of the mini-movies he talks about a change of magnetic axis of the 5th sun or something like that and my friend and I think he is referring to a pole shift (there is scientific evidence of pole shifts in the past). But overall his message is very hopeful and beautiful. Check it out!

I'll peep this when I get home. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

All 2012 is the earth and our solar system traveling on the other side of the galaxies Equator.

so of course weather will change, a possible polar shift due to alignment, but its happened before, it was called the Ice Age... i read about the solar storms back in 2004. it was on the cnn site, but a few years later, after all this worry came about they took it out of their archives.

the mayans didnt predict the end of the world, but a end of a age, which is said to be the age of awarness of whats around us, there are other so called end of the world therioes such as the polar shift, a meteor that could quite possibly hit, or global war. I say fuck it if it comes it comes.

I find it a bit odd that almost every post on this topic is trying to say this is bull shit. Why do you think it is? Because you don't want to believe? Because of fear? Because you think its a money scheme? Because other claims of the end of the word proved not true? What ever you think, make sure you are thinking.

To really look at this question would be to do some looking on your own. There are some facts that are being talked about in the science community. A pole shift has happen on this planet many times and based on the magnetic reading on the oceans mantel floors we are pass do for a pole flip. that is a fact!

The question that you need to ask your self is what do you think makes the poles flip 180% ? this is up for debate by many of the worlds leading think tanks. One of the leading ideas is that are planet will be set in a way that our magnetic filed crosses with the suns and Jupiter's magnetic fields. It is a fact that we will be in a position for this to take place in 2012. We just don't know what going to happen.

So before you say fuck that, its a scheme or its fake, ask your self how you know that it is? If you think that there is nothings bigger than us, or beyond our understanding. then you are just small minded and self centered.

really? c'mon. you didnt need to type out all that.

even amongst scholars and scientists (read: all you need is passing grades and a paper degree) there are nut jobs. see: cern

this is right up there with Y2K.... which, if your young ass doesn't know, was the big hyped event that never took place at the turn of the millenium.

if you believe the world is going to end december 21st, 2012, kill yourself.

run tell that, homeboy

Y2K was based on computers and dates...not galactic events or mayan predictions. So I thought...maybe I'm wrong. Also, technically the turn of the millenium happened in 2001. Y2K was a joke...

That said, I don't believe the world will end on 12/21/2012. It's the coming of a new age and I hope it's one of awareness and less destruction. One can only hope... LOL

I was watching some show about this and they mentioned that the earth has already moved past the galactic equator back in 98. *shrugs* We'll see what happens

I am against 2012 phenomenon. Nothing will happen.

I defend the sceptical approach. There is no indication that, for example, a volcano will erupt. That means 100% certainty that no volcano will erupt.

Also the poles won't shift, because I believe that they don't budge. And most of all, there will not be any "big global thingy that will affect us all". [/color]

I bet some of you actually hear/read this when someone criticizes 2012 hype.

Now when some denounce and others defend these theories, a lot of people seem to have an idea about scientists/science as these pompous elititsts sitting on their asses denying everything that could happen. I'm sure part of the credit goes to people trying to prove god does not exist, while all they actually do is play one side of a binary belief system.

But yeah, science isn't static.The core idea (to me at least) does not deny anything.

It's also not popular to use such concept as 100% certainty, it's somewhat of an absurd idea in scientific rhetorics. Still, it's a part of everyday speech and when a CERN representative says it's very unlikely that a black hole will occur with the hard-on collider, dumb fucks think it's actually possible.

Scientists just say it's unlikely, because hype and predicting the future is business for crackpots and dumb fucks.

It sells books, news, magazines, t-shirts, mugs etc. That's all.