Life without Music...........

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fuuuuck? lol, please, despite the flavor of my last few posts, this nigga isn't here to entertain you. The simple fact of the matter is that I truly don't care how hurt you might be over the state of the music industry these days- that's all on you.

These tight pants of mine are rollin' solo out to Monterey to camp and catch some swell. I just got this new waterproof case for my ipod. I'll be listening to great music the entire time I'm getting fucking tubed this AM. Maybe I'll think of you while I'm all wet and frosty at the beach this morn. Or maybe I'll get eaten by a shark, never know. Shaka.

Peace

If you think that some TPWF preaching to me about how void my life is without 2000's music in it is going to change my mind about anything, then you're sadly mistaken my tight pants wearing freind.

The fact is that you finally realized that you can't infact even google anything noteworthy from this entire past decade to impress me with.

So now you mad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the first post of his and I thought Id let it be. I was distraught by the comment about 2000 music being good. Kinda pathetic and boring to be a DJ that only uses 2000 music. Id understand if you did it to pay the bills by playing club bullshit but it seems youre pretty happy with your ways.

Moral of the story; music does a mind, body and soul good. I feel it's vital to good mental and physical health.

I agree with this. If I didn't have music, I'd probably be on heroin. God knows the television and movie theaters can't be relied on to relay any kind of energy today. If music isn't so important, people wouldn't be so attached to it. People base opinions on others, based on what music they listen to, people use music as a social device (well, we used to with mix tapes), and people spend lives building up collections. Music is probably thee most important art form on this planet. You can argue, but music has had more inspiration on other art forms, but rarely is that stated. If something can get you tapping your foot or bobbing your head, and it's completely subconscious? That's pretty fucking powerful.

I haven't even read the rest of this thread. I just scrolled down and saw this huge "NO U" photo and stopped to read the post.

Hand made mix tape covers were the shit. MP3's seemed to kill that off.

completely deaf people live life fine.

personally, if i lost my hearing, or music....

id probably go crazier than i already fucking am.

completely deaf people still enjoy music like everyone else.

they just "hear" it differently through their bodies by vibrations.

also, beethoven was deaf, and created beautiful music.

My deaf brother has seen GWAR live and I haven't.

I think about what would happen if we couldnt play the music we have now.

Say for whatever reason we loose the infrastructure that enables us to enjoy music, power, computers, cd players.

In that scenario it would be the loss of music that would be the most profound to me. With not much else to do beyond looking for food, I would be missing it more than ever.

I was doing something random on the computer and heard a song last night that i forgot about and this thought came to mind. Cause im pretty normal not needing to listen to music but i think it depends on my environment and what i do daily. Im pretty cut off from any Artistic shit other than viewing the abstract thread and flickr.

Work is taking its toll lately i know the money will come tumbling in but i been down this road before and it just amazed me how numb i was to music. I cant paint a painting without music walls i can do easily without it, but im not as intune with a piece anymore as i am with a painting or sketch for that matter.

In ending Work is draining the life out of me daily, i need a vacation and a reason to listen to music.

rambling...............

T;6514980']In ending Work is draining the life out of me daily' date=' i need a vacation and a reason to listen to music.[/quote']

I recommend this thread:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129257

I'm making a "Streets of San Francisco" mix for a friend today. Do you have a tape deck? That's all I can record to right now.

As for the job, sorry to hear. Hope it picks up. If you come to NYC, hit me up and I'll take you to Flashdancers for all the tits you can get, AND sushi!

Thanks Earl sushi and hookers how could you go wrong. I am seriously thinking of heading out there for a retrospective at a museum that i want to see so i might take you up on that offer. And its not that work is slow works has picked up too much i got to used to 3 hour drunken lunches now its eating in and working for lunch.

T;6514980']I was doing something random on the computer and heard a song last night that i forgot about and this thought came to mind. Cause im pretty normal not needing to listen to music but i think it depends on my environment and what i do daily. Im pretty cut off from any Artistic shit other than viewing the abstract thread and flickr.

Work is taking its toll lately i know the money will come tumbling in but i been down this road before and it just amazed me how numb i was to music. I cant paint a painting without music walls i can do easily without it, but im not as intune with a piece anymore as i am with a painting or sketch for that matter.

In ending Work is draining the life out of me daily, i need a vacation and a reason to listen to music.

rambling...............

i got a buddy who, i am sure listens to zero music by his choice, and he is definitely a very one dimensional person.

he likes to play basketball and he likes his job. that's it.

he must be wondering why he can't pull girls with the help of his 5 series.