yo own salsa.

abcs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here one I made for a company function a few years ago. People seemed to like it.

Blueberries

healthy-food_blueberries.jpg

Red Onion

redonion.jpg

Jalapenos

Jalepeno%20Pepper.jpg

Red Pepper

253841.jpg

Cilantro

764895755_0be2e04de2_o.jpg

Lime Juice

lime-juice.jpg

Kosher Salt

salt185.jpg

2 cup Blueberries, cleaned

1/2 med Red onion, diced small

2 x Jalapenos, seeded & minced

1 x Red bell pepper, diced

3 tbl Cilantro, chopped

1/4 cup Lime juice

1 tsp Kosher salt

1. Coarsely chop 1 1/2 cups blueberries. In a bowl, combine the chopped and whole berries and the remaining ingredients. Let stand 1 hour.

fuck yeah!

a green pepper, a yellow pepper, two avocadoes, three jalapenos, one cucumber, three tomatoes, two mangoes, one white onion, a bunch of cilantro, all chopped up, a couple of stirs--not too blended--throw it in the fridge and let that shit sit there for like a half an hour, get all murrinated and whatnot.

shit is PERFECT.

4 avacados

1 lime

1 spoon of diced garlic

1 spoon of sriracha

2 spoons of pimentos/red pepper

this is what i usually follow for guacamole

i add/take away sriracha and garlic by taste. be careful with the garlic. the sriracha adds an awesome spicy flavoring if you do it right

blanch tomatoes

peel skin

drop in blender

lime

garlic

onions

cilantro

salt

pepper

jalapeno

pretty much cant fuck with this. idk bout blanching or peeling. but these ingredients you cant screw up.

fucking blueberries yo? what the fuck? i dont want that shit on my taco whoadie.:confused:

and peaches? does that shit even grow in south america? i could understand pineapple maaaaybe, only because ive had a few decent ones... but man. idk fruit just takes it somewhere completely too white.

/end rant.

• 9 months later...

1.5 pounds ripe plum tomatoes

a couple jalapenos

1/2 of a small white onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices

4 garlic cloves

about a 1/4 cup cilantro

generous tsp of salt

1.5 tsp cider vinegar

heat up your broiler and set the shit up so the stuff you roast will be about 4 inches below the broiler. Put the whole tomatoes and chiles on a baking sheet and broil them for 5 or 6 minutes until they get black and splotchy and soft. flip them shits over and do the same to the other side. now turn your oven down to 425 and get another baking sheet. slice your onion about 1/4 inch slices. seperate it into rings and lay it out on the sheet. peel the garlic cloves and lay them on the sheet with the onions. roast them shits in the oven for 10 or so minutes, stirring every few minutes. the onions will wilt and turn a little brown in spots, don't let them get too black though. the garlic should be soft and maybe brownish blackened in spots. if you want, take the skins and cores out of the tomatoes but work over the baking sheet so you don't lose any juices. put the garlic onion mixture and the jalapenos in the food processor or blender and pulse until they are pretty finely chopped. scoop that mixture into a bowl. puree the tomatoes next with all their juices and shit. add some water to give it a nice consistency, and stir in the chopped up cilantro. season with the salt and vinegar. if you want you could replace the jalapenos with serranos or habaneros or something.

If ya'll want I got a few more delicious salsa recipes. A nice tomatillo salsa and some other pretty simple traditional kinds. no powders or anything, straight up roasted veggies and stuff mayne.

fuck yeah!

a green pepper, a yellow pepper, two avocadoes, three jalapenos, one cucumber, three tomatoes, two mangoes, one white onion, a bunch of cilantro, all chopped up, a couple of stirs--not too blended--throw it in the fridge and let that shit sit there for like a half an hour, get all murrinated and whatnot.

shit is PERFECT.

HangerChromeThree.jpg

1.5 pounds ripe plum tomatoes

a couple jalapenos

1/2 of a small white onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices

4 garlic cloves

about a 1/4 cup cilantro

generous tsp of salt

1.5 tsp cider vinegar

heat up your broiler and set the shit up so the stuff you roast will be about 4 inches below the broiler. Put the whole tomatoes and chiles on a baking sheet and broil them for 5 or 6 minutes until they get black and splotchy and soft. flip them shits over and do the same to the other side. now turn your oven down to 425 and get another baking sheet. slice your onion about 1/4 inch slices. seperate it into rings and lay it out on the sheet. peel the garlic cloves and lay them on the sheet with the onions. roast them shits in the oven for 10 or so minutes, stirring every few minutes. the onions will wilt and turn a little brown in spots, don't let them get too black though. the garlic should be soft and maybe brownish blackened in spots. if you want, take the skins and cores out of the tomatoes but work over the baking sheet so you don't lose any juices. put the garlic onion mixture and the jalapenos in the food processor or blender and pulse until they are pretty finely chopped. scoop that mixture into a bowl. puree the tomatoes next with all their juices and shit. add some water to give it a nice consistency, and stir in the chopped up cilantro. season with the salt and vinegar. if you want you could replace the jalapenos with serranos or habaneros or something.

If ya'll want I got a few more delicious salsa recipes. A nice tomatillo salsa and some other pretty simple traditional kinds. no powders or anything, straight up roasted veggies and stuff mayne.

definitely bring on the tomatillo salsa recipe mayne...i love that shit!

i made a batch last night. finishing it off as i am typing this.

cilantro

lime

tomatoes

chopped tomatoes with chillies (canned ish)

onion

cumin

black pepper (that fresh pepper mill type shit)

salt

tabasco (liberal amounts)

crushed red pepper

i think that was it. i like to keep the chopping and cutting to a minimum. i cut up the tomatoes (usually 2-3 of them) and the one onion enough for the blender to be able to chop them up. it's seriously the easiest shit to make. i let it sit for about an hour in the fridge.

i have to get on throwing a pear in or something creative like that...haha.

Pear is a great addition. Adds texture and sweetness

blueberries and strawberries are ok but they dont have

a real pronounced flavor. You add them and you cant

really taste it at all. Far as berries goes in salsa raspberries

is the route i usually go. Ive experimented with all

different types.

A little banana isnt bad either. Definitely sweet but

if you put too much it... it takes over