yo own salsa.

abcs

anybody else make they own homemade hookup?

cilantro.jpg

cilantro... a whole batch

pear1.jpg

image.jpg

diced_tomatoes.jpg

I perfer italian seasoned diced tomatos

253841.jpg

boost_metabolism

Hot+Hungarian+Wax+Peppers.JPG

hungarian peppers

Jalepeno%20Pepper.jpg

Jalepeno peppers

poblano-hot-chili.jpg

Poblano peppers

Habanero_Pepper.jpg

habanaro peppers ( careful nefew. so hot they could ruin the salsa)

onion.jpg

curry.jpg

just a dusting of curry powder

mustpdryel.jpg

dash of mustard powder

Granulated%20garlic.jpg

generous on the granulated garlic,

black_pepper_powder.jpg

fair ammount of black pepper

chili%20powder.jpg

dash of chili powder. If anybody want s exact messures get at me. Ive been working on this recipe for 5 years. Just felt like sharing

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pics or it didnt happen

Ok... im about to make some. Its a 2 hour ordeal. i will see about borrowing a camera. No promices but i will do my best. i was going to try something new too.... super crushed peanuts in the mix. Give it a bit of conscistancy and a new flavor. we shall see.... truth told. Im lazy and that 2 hour estimate is pretty accurate. Messy process. I will try and get some flix up.....

and 1 more thing.... whoever invented to scoop is a genious. I be using them hookups for all types of things. I was never a sloppy joe person... sloppy scoops now thats a whole different story

I kno its like half salsa and half chutney. I put it on omletes, burgers, all types of shit. Little hummous, little of my salsa in a scoop... cant really fuck with it. Honesty im all twisted back on stick bats. I feel so lazy. Im about to get the ball rolling tho and try and flic the outcome and progress

the fruit is for sweet. It breaks throug the hot. The different peppers. Way i see it all peppers have their own flavor on top and beyond them just being hot. I like to mix it up and embrace all the different flavors to be found within

Ok.... i got to find a san disk and the adaptor, found a camera that should work. I really do want to share in the process. But bear with me. It will be a while before i get them flix together. I still got to make the hookups and find the electronic i need to put this up... I kno they are somewhere but it will take a minute to track it all down

3 fresh jalapeno peppers

2 onions, finely chopped

2 tablespoons garlic, minced

1 tablespoon white sugar

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile pepper

1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro

2 limes, juiced

7 (15 ounce) cans canned tomatoes

1 habanero pepper, seeded

DIRECTIONS

1.Roast jalapenos over a grill or gas burner until completely blackened. Seal in a plastic bag or a bowl covered with plastic wrap, and allow to steam until skins are loosened. When cool, remove skin, stem, and seeds.

2.Place jalapenos, onions, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Pulse to chop and blend, then pour into a large bowl, and mix with the can of green chiles, cilantro, and lime juice. Pulse the tomatoes in batches to desired size, and add to green chile mixture.

3.Return one cup of chopped tomatoes to the blender along with the habanero, and puree well. Strain

the puree to remove any large pieces of habanero, and add to the tomatoes. Mix well, cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.

THE INGREDIENTS

DSCN0192.jpg?t=1246922067

CILLANTRO SPINNA. SAVES TIME. CLEANING OUT THE STEMS AND WASHING= BIGGEST HASSLE

DSCN0193.jpg?t=1246922141

THE DICER. ANOTHER GOOD TOOL. INFOMERTIAL MOMENT OF WEAKNESS. GET ONE

DSCN0194.jpg?t=1246922293

EVERYTHING MIXED AND DICED

DSCN0195.jpg?t=1246922396

BLEND

DSCN0196-1.jpg?t=1246922546

MESS

DSCN0198.jpg?t=1246922601

TRYST TRYST

DSCN0202-1.jpg?t=1246922856