are any of us really different?

phillybios

in the end we are all seeking happiness or satisfaction, we just seek different things. what makes us happy i dont think we have too much control over. like for example, if you like ipods, you cant just tell yourself "ok, im gonna not be happy if i get one as a present", its just a natural reaction to be happy when you get it.

i never cared too much for shallow materialistic people, but i mean they are just being happy too right? music makes me happy, so i imagine that some people may get that same feeling when i am writing. sure, maybe writing positive music to inspire society may seem better, but maybe those are just all of the things that CAME with my passion for music, not necessarily the reason why i do it (although i THINK so, but the brain can fool itself)

anyone else ever think about this? its like nothin is altruistic at all. or is this just a pessimisstic point of view?

-high haze

smart guy right there...

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Since your whole reality of life is based inside your brain, you actually CAN tell yourself "I'm not going to like this iPod."

But knowing how to do things like that brings me to my next point of: yes - a lot of us are very different from each other.

I would never expect anyone to be like me. All I can do is seek people who have similarities to me.

in the end we are all seeking happiness or satisfaction, we just seek different things. what makes us happy i dont think we have too much control over.

i never cared too much for shallow materialistic people, but i mean they are just being happy too right?

I think you're wrong on both of these points. We do have control over what makes us happy, in so many different ways. If it's substance abuse, $60 is going to make you happy. It might be momentary happiness, that only covers any kind of despair, but it does "make" you happy. Even if it's not momentary, you do have control over your happiness to a certain extent.

I also don't think materialism really leads to happiness. If you think about it, there are plenty of people out there who have all the money in the world, but are they really happy? Go turn on your entertainment TV, and listen to how lonely and unhappy Michael Jackson was in life. If you don't come from money, and you live a materialistic life, then you are constantly creating debt to up your social status. Debt that can lead to collections, foreclosures, repos, and bankruptcy. Which all leads to a recession, and now you have a ton of people unhappy because a different ton of people faked being happy.

If you look at the bigger picture, we are all different in so many ways. It makes for interesting living, but I still wish a meteor would make this planet implode.

fuck the regulars, this is channel zero, idfc about my rep, if theyre going to rag on me for being me... then who's the real asshole?

negapropping you makes me happy.

isnt that the point of this thread?

happiness?

and now youre calling me an asshole for being happy?

now whose the asshole?

(enjoy that fifth tampon son)

ps BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

negapropping you makes me happy.

isnt that the point of this thread?

happiness?

and now youre calling me an asshole for being happy?

now whose the asshole?

(enjoy that fifth tampon son)

ps BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

I NOTE VARIOUS GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

:lol: