Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Survivalist, Self Sustainable Lifestyles or Whatevs....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More new infographics on last page 

Cost effective veggies and herbs to grow at home       

Posted Images

I completely agree with it being a great experience, I just want some experience first and will definitely consider something like that later.

When i was younger i was all punk rock and shit and thought it was a great idea to be a squatter, well those were some of the worst days of my life and never want to relive them again so being prepared would be nice.

Go camping on weekends? Sort of like "practice". Starting fires, getting your own food, etc.

I don't really know.

Sometimes, I'd love to move to a mountain and live off the land. But I'm not the green thumb type, and I've been spoiled by civilized culture, so it makes it hard to quit cold turkey.

I'd recommend learning as much about the region you're going to be calling your home. Learn what you can eat and what you can't. Learn how to hunt and make your own affective weapons. Do you know carpentry? If not, try learning how to work with wood the old fashioned way (no electricity). Do you want 100% no human interaction? If so, you better learn how to make your own clothes and footwear out of animal pelts.

Oh --and buy a lifetime supply of DD batteries and a "fleshlight."

abs, Andy and Bax on Grand Ave has a grip of rad survivalist shit. and they have defused grenades for mad cheap

defused grenades look awesome but you can only throw it at a bears head once...

(or the crazy tweeker whos running the meth lab in the middle of the cascades)

Sometimes, I'd love to move to a mountain and live off the land. But I'm not the green thumb type, and I've been spoiled by civilized culture, so it makes it hard to quit cold turkey.

I'd recommend learning as much about the region you're going to be calling your home. Learn what you can eat and what you can't. Learn how to hunt and make your own affective weapons. Do you know carpentry? If not, try learning how to work with wood the old fashioned way (no electricity). Do you want 100% no human interaction? If so, you better learn how to make your own clothes and footwear out of animal pelts.

Oh --and buy a lifetime supply of DD batteries and a "fleshlight."

i feel the same way, im thinkin i just gotta go do it. living in the pacific northwest the opportunity is within reach everytime i leave my house. I know basic carpentry, ive built skateboard ramps since i was like six so if i apply that knowledge to a simple shelter with a furnace/fireplace i got that down but the food part in the cold looks to be more difficult to be able to sustain. I dont want to starve/freeze to death, although i hear it is painless you just kind of fall asleep and never wake up.

This is somewhat my major. Passive solar energy, thermal mass/density of construction materials, creating and using renewable construction materials, geothermal wells, korean style solar water heaters. Pretty much living off the grid, and being able to build sustainable compounds with limited resources at little to no construction cost.

My goal here is to join up with some humanities group like the peace corps and help desin and engineer refugee camps that'd make all the whiney trendwhore bitches in america go "WE WANT THAT." I'm still an academic for a couple more years tho. Pissed off soup is pissed off.

Yeah more like mud, straw, etc. I mean Californian ranch homes fall apart after 60 years while houses in 3rd world countries made of mud and straw have lasted thousands of years. Go fig.

I went to survival school it was awesome and at the same time horrible. My friend who is a former SEAL has a school for campers in Illinois, he always said if I wanted a job I could go their and join.

Sounds like a plan..