Survivalist, Self Sustainable Lifestyles or Whatevs....

villain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im not there now but home is the one of the most isolated citys on earth so ive got no issues.

i think if i was american i would be outta there way too fast. if any country is going to get fuked its going to be the US. i doubt lube will be involved either.

new zealand is a good option.

does anyone have a bailout pack ready? what are your essentials? cash, weapons, first aid,

you are definately right yum. but im talking more about right after a crisis or a mini SHTF. it would take a while before the whole population would know what a kruggerand was and demand it.

if we are talking a hyper inflation like in zimbabwe where people are taking wheel barrow's full of paper money to buy a meal, then yes, you might as well use that cash for fire starting or to wipe your ass with.

people have to remember that SHTF might not be a full collapse, but it just might be a severe power outage or something like that. you would look dumb if you have a bomb shelter and 5 dozen guns and 100K rounds of ammo, and dont have enough cash to buy something from home depot if something in your house breaks.

the whole point of preparing is to allow you to keep your living standard up and ultimately keep alive longer. that includes being well diversified. the ol saying of having a generator, with a back up generator, backed up by solar panels that are backed up by a third generator and parts and fuel applies to money as well. cash, silver coins, gold, and on into barter goods like weapons, liquor, etc.

I think this site may have been posted here before but here it is again. http://www.salescene.com/garartdx.html Gardening without the use of pesticides or fertilizers. Also, balancing the pH of your soil will give you much better gardening results. http://forums.organicgardening.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2241078301/m/3901065112

You don't need to send your soil to a lab to be tested. There are kits that allow you to do it yourself.

• 1 year later...

Anybody on here down with that? I dont really have much knowledge about it but Ive been interested in it for well over ten years now and would really like to go on some adventures before the summer ends.

Got any book recommendations, links, personal experience, or any other suggestions they would be appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks

dammit lex i thought someone on here was actually into this..... Im hoping but it dont seem very likely.

Yeah I doubt most of these cats even go outside.

But yo I know a few of these peoples are down to camp and shit, I seen a few threads about it.

I forgot who though, I'm sure someone will put you down with some info.

I like camping but I just drink beer till I pass out, then I leave.

I'm not so much the survivalist!!

:lol: :lol:

ya,

Im not tryin to paint my face with mud and wear branches for clothes but I would like to go to the woods with a small backpack and be able to survive for a week or two.

if you want to take minimal gear, google 'thru hiking' and 'ultra light backpacking'. *bearing in mind that those folks often plan to stock up on food in small towns and whatnot during a hike.*

just found this: http://www.naturalhub.com/gather_hunt_food.htm

and a british site that might be of no use to you, but fuck it: http://www.wildmanwildfood.com/

• Like 1

There was a guy in the bike thread talking about going on a ride through America and living off the grid type thing, camping, fishing for food, etc. for a couple months.

It would be a great experience I think.

I completely agree with it being a great experience, I just want some experience first and will definitely consider something like that later.

When i was younger i was all punk rock and shit and thought it was a great idea to be a squatter, well those were some of the worst days of my life and never want to relive them again so being prepared would be nice.

I completely agree with it being a great experience, I just want some experience first and will definitely consider something like that later.

When i was younger i was all punk rock and shit and thought it was a great idea to be a squatter, well those were some of the worst days of my life and never want to relive them again so being prepared would be nice.

Go camping on weekends? Sort of like "practice". Starting fires, getting your own food, etc.

I don't really know.

Sometimes, I'd love to move to a mountain and live off the land. But I'm not the green thumb type, and I've been spoiled by civilized culture, so it makes it hard to quit cold turkey.

I'd recommend learning as much about the region you're going to be calling your home. Learn what you can eat and what you can't. Learn how to hunt and make your own affective weapons. Do you know carpentry? If not, try learning how to work with wood the old fashioned way (no electricity). Do you want 100% no human interaction? If so, you better learn how to make your own clothes and footwear out of animal pelts.

Oh --and buy a lifetime supply of DD batteries and a "fleshlight."