Google Voice

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine a week ago, I'm putting it on the next batch of business cards.

Took forever to pick a number, I was trying to spell out easy to remember shit with the numbers.

All the semi good shit I could get was in a dickwater area code in Wyoming or somewhere.

I might actually buy a cool number that spells something, but google didn't have that option.

what google voice is good for in my opinion...

lets say you conduct business over your phone and as much as possible would rather not have yourself tied to the phone.

go get yourself a boost mobile phone and register under a false name and address, then request a google voice invite to an email address set up once again with false info, then when you get the invite, false info....

only give out the google voice number.

im sure its not 100% effective but there are a few more steps involved that will lead nowhere.

If you have boost they cannot tap your direct connect "bleeps" all ready.

for some reason hardly anyone has boost:confused: so it cant always be the case

woa woa woa woa woa woa wait a second.

your telling me theres already a "untraceable" phone service out there??

the boost walkie talkie feature is completely untraceable, and you can use a fake name and address.

but still, theres gotta be a way to trace it,

the address the bill gets mailed to? although boost is pay as you go isnt it...

but still, couldnt they trace the number on the card you payed with to the store to the date and time and then get the CCTV?

Nextel is the shit in NYC, tons of people I know here have it and it's DC works with boost.

From what I understand the conversation can not be recorded or traced because of the way the connection is made using bleeps.

They can see what phone you are talking too and at what time you spoke though.

I'm sure there is a way to triangulate where the signal is coming from also.

But what is said through bleeps cannot be recorded.

i thought google voice meant we were at the point where 90 percent of google'rs were tired of typing so they just made someting you could just say what you wanted to search instead of actually typing it in. i hope we are almost there. im tired AMERICA!

• 1 month later...

Ooma VoIP Hub and Scout Phone System + $30 Amazon Credit $190

Price is now down to $189.99 + $30 gift card = $159.99

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/ooma-Phone-...555&sr=8-1

Get a Partial Credit Back After Purchase Through December 31, get $30 credited back after you buy the ooma Core VoIP phone system. Simply make your purchase and the credit will be applied automatically to your Amazon.com account within 60 days for future use on the Amazon.com website. Offer valid only on products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to purchases made from other sellers on the Amazon.com website.

I love this... ive been using it for a few months now, and the only problem I seem to have with it, is the latency on some messages,gotta refresh it and wait if you are using it as a text. Otherwise, its a free phone, and a phonenumber that can pretty much handle all my calls, and send them straight to voice mail if I dont feel like bothering with them. I dont even have a phone now, just this and it suits me quite well.

Word.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...