Google Voice

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, i only have one phone i use anyway, kinda pointless

The voicemail transcription (voice to text) is a pretty cool feature. It's also handy if you want to give someone your "number" but not the direct number to your phone, since it allows you to block people you don't want to talk to.

Can somebody please explain what the fuck yous are talking about?

I clicked on the link and I still don't get it.

Basically Google will give you a phone number that you can tie all of your other numbers to. Home, work, cell phone, etc. What's good about this is you can set it up any way you want.

Watch this video, it explains it best:

best of all, its free.

i hope i can finally get 555-1234 as my number.

I doubt it. The way it seems to work is they buy a block of numbers in each prefix that you can choose from.

best of all, its free.

Well, you have to get an invite and it takes a while.

I've already gotten about 20 messages so far.

The voice to text feature has a tendency to garble things, which has had some funny results. At first I was wondering what the hell my friend was smoking right before he decided to call me....

"hey ***** this is **** gimme a call just wanna see how you're doing you can get a hold of me at my duke'll voice account number which actually guess my cellphone but it's a lot easier actually remember my google account number because it's 510 *** and i'll so Z E and not soaping the latter i mean the number of but being the letter out so it's like 56 83 or something like that i don't know 9 that's ******* i think it's a way feel free to give me a call i just want to see how you're doing hope you're doing well alright man much ado about nothing else has been working my little bought off and stuff and hope you're doing that alright man talk to you later bye"

:huh:

...when I read that, my first impression was "this is what William S. Burroughs would have sounded like on a cell phone at a party while hitting a bong full of Scotchgard."

I'm not complaining, it's free and they're probably still working the bugs out.

• 3 weeks later...