dont buy Dickies steel toe work boots

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that red wings have gone down hill in the past 10 years or so. They are comfortable but do not last like other high end brands.

If you want to go all out there is a shop in Spokane called Whites that measures your foot and makes you a custom pair of boots for around 400 dollars. Whites are required footwear for forest fire fighting in WA if that is any sort of endorsement.

I think that red wings have gone down hill in the past 10 years or so. They are comfortable but do not last like other high end brands.

If you want to go all out there is a shop in Spokane called Whites that measures your foot and makes you a custom pair of boots for around 400 dollars. Whites are required footwear for forest fire fighting in WA if that is any sort of endorsement.

hate to sound like a fanboi, but I gotta disagree with you about red wings.

I'm willing to bet that what I walk through is 10000000000000000 times harder on boots than whatever you're working in and my shit is holding up proper (leather/gore tex)

also if you go the red wings outlet they will measure your foot and do you up proper for under $300.

I can't say anything about these whites, but I've put my red wings through some shit and I won't wear anything else anymore.

After working in poor clothes for years I decided to step up and buy quality work clothes. Fuck, if you are going to be in the shit it is best to be dressed for it, I buy some shit from filson in seattle that is crazy expensive, but they repair it for free for life so instead of buying 5 pairs of carharts for 45 bucks a pair you buy one pair of tin pants for 200.

I always think it is funny when you see fools on construction sites that are all casual and shit, I think it is a safety issue also.

Well to each there own. Following my fathers lead I was a loyal red wing wearer for years, then I tried Georgias and my boots lasted longer.

I am willing to bet that I have used work boots in a wide variety of tough environments.

Does not matter what you are walking though the goretex always breaks down after a while.

Been wearing doc martens safety boots for about 2 years now, they are amaaaazing.

Takes like a week to break em in, but after that, I could walk any distance in them.

Like gloves, for your feets.

this

my company has a boot allowance

and next time im grabbin a pair

cant go wrong with a pair of docs

Danners are overpriced in my estimation. I used to be okay with the price when they were made in the US, now they are made in China and still charge the same price as they used to.

Dunno about the chink boots, but my danner fireline's held up really well and they were def made in the USA.

But real men wears these.....

boot.jpg

Real talk. I used to work warehouse jobs and they'd tell you not to rock steel toes cause if some idiot runs over your foot with the forklift, the steel will bend and cut off your toes.

You're better off just rockin the hard plastic toes and dealing with a crushed foot that will somewhat heal.

fucking ooooooowwwwwww

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

My company switched companies they buy our boots thru and I'm gonna need some new ones in a few months, maybe longer.

Decided on either Red Wings or Red Backs(Aussie).

Red Backs have the issue of being difficult to find in a setting where I can try them on. I'm not buying them online. I've heard Snap-On and Matco trucks carry them but trying on might be a bitch.

I've heard Red ings have soles that wear pretty quickly. They offer to resole them for $50 though. Free laces, eyelets, stitching repairs for life though.

Anyone got any experience w the Red Wings sole issue I heard of?

Should I just say fuck it and get some Bellevilles? :haha:

only a few remember that thread ;)

Everything turned out OK in the end

Good times!

-----

Reference-

This is what I do to boots in one year. I got this model 3 times in a row and would get another if I didn't have to pay.

IMG_20121031_122202-1.jpg